Account Relationship Manager at British Council Rwanda
- Company: British Council Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Account Relationship Manager
Date: 15 Nov 2023
Location: Kigali, Sub Saharan Africa, RW
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
Account Relationship Manager
The purpose of this role is to build relationships, identify needs, and enhance opportunities with key accounts to meet business-related targets in both Rwanda and Kenya whereby 40% of the time is devoted to the Kenya B2B market and 60% to the Rwanda B2B Market. The role is also required to proactively resolve issues, add value, and ensure delivery of expectations to B2B customers. On a daily basis, the role executes the cluster key account strategy and plan.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Carries out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability, and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques, and report templates.
Market & Customer Intelligence
- Ensures product/sector knowledge is up-to-date and forward-thinking
- Provides account /country-specific input into market intelligence activities, innovation, and business development/marketing plan/targets
- As required, uses a range of standard processes and techniques to carry out routine research and analysis of actual or potential customer/audience trends – e.g. customer segmentation, demographic profiling, competitor tracking, and measurement of market share.
- Value adds account extension, cross-sell, and retention
- Raises performance issues, why and how being resolved
- Monitors capacity and drives up/pulls forward B2B2C sales to fill capacity
- Practices Relationship Management, development, and reviews (including mapping and delivering F2F touch-points, annual and quarterly reviews for big accounts)
Account & Stakeholder Management
- Manages and delivers in year Account Plan
- Develops out of year Account Plan
- Links with B2B support from the Operations team to set and review the quality of delivery to support account relationships.
- Links with Marketing for targeted events, campaigns, and collateral to support retention and value-add
Analysis & Reporting
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses, and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs
- Contributes data as required, to enable the development and distribution of high-quality, customer and market-focused marketing collateral
Leadership & Management
- Prioritises own work activities, from long-term plans to day-to-day activities.
- Builds relationships and uses influence to work with others internally to grow the business
Role-specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience in managing relationships with account clients
- Proven experience in building relationships, identifying needs, and enhancing opportunities with key accounts to meet business-related targets.
- Designing and implementing business development or marketing plans in an education sector context.
- Experience working with UK exam boards.
- University degree in any subject or qualification in a relevant field
- Familiarity with school exams (CIE/Edexcel)
- Familiarity with other exams products (IELTS, Aptis)
- Pay Band – 6
- Remuneration: RWF 2,510,613.00 Gross Per Month
- Contract Type – Two (2) Year Fixed Term Contract
- Location – Kigali, Rwanda
- Department/Function – English and Exams
- Additional information
- Language requirements: Strong written and oral English communication skills.
- The Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Closing Date – 28 November 2023. Applications will close at 23:59 East Africa Time
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th November, 2023.