Teachers x3 at Wikwiheba Mwana Center
- Company: Wikwiheba Mwana Center
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Rwanda
WIKWIHEBA MWANA CENTER is a registered local NGO with reference number N98/RGB/NGO/2017 located in Gatsibo District, which started its activities in April 2007 and was created under the initiative of one of the parents with three children suffering from epilepsy, it was initially an association of parents of children with various types of disabilities.
In accordance with the Government policy to ensure that, every child is raised within a family, children have been reintegrated with their respective families and others were welcomed in family-based alternative care. The Centre is currently focusing on follow-up activities and offer of daycare services to children with disabilities. This new way of working means that the staff of the Centre do fieldwork and home visits, as well as receive children who come daily to the Centre for inclusive Early Childhood Development (ECD) and other specialized services for people with disabilities.
Since then the Center has changed the name into WIKWIHEBAMWANA INCLUSIVE ECD AND COMMUNITY CENTER/HUB, where we offer Inclusive services to children without disabilities and those with disabilities around the Centre.
The Centre offers:
- Daycare center for children
- Inclusive ECD
- Supporting therapy activities for children with Disabilities coming to the Centre: Physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and TVET for young adults with disabilities.
WIKWIHEBAMWANA INCLUSIVE ECD AND COMMUNITY CENTER/HUB has exciting vacancies and seeks to recruit passionate Rwandan nationals with relevant technical and working experience that will contribute to the delivery of Inclusive services to children without disabilities and those with disabilities around the Centre.
These posts require regular access with children and recruited staff should protect children from abuse and harm. The place of work for the following positions is at Gatsibo District.
Position: Teachers (Three posts)
- Create and provide an appropriate learning environment and experiences to foster the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth of preschool children .
- Direct classroom in a constructive manner
- Plan and provide an environment that makes interaction possible
- Work as part of center team.
- Develop and implement a curriculum that reflects the educational goals, objectives, and philosophies of the center.
- Organize, arrange, and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Establish an ongoing daily schedule that allows for flexibility and that is reflective of the overall educational goals for the year.
- Plan and evaluate the daily educational program.
- Attain knowledge of each child through observation, assessment, interaction, and ongoing records to develop an appropriate program for individual growth.
- Help to develop children’s independence so they can function and interact in group activities.
- Establish communication between classroom and home to foster understanding of goals, procedures, and program.
- Advanced Diploma (A1) or Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Early Childhood Education and Special Needs Education
- A2 with a post-secondary course Certificates in SNE and three years Teaching Experience
- Knowledge of Nursery and Daycare centers standards in Rwanda
- Experience in working with children with disabilities will be an added value
- Having no child abuse record
- Maintain an appropriate relationship with children
- Endeavour to be an excellent role model for dealing with other people
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae in English or Kinyarwanda including 3 names of professional referees to [email protected]. The deadline for receiving applications is March 04th 2021 at 05:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done on 22nd February 2021