Teacher Professional Development Specialist at FHI 360 – Rwanda Country Office
- Company: FHI 360 – Rwanda Country Office
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Rwanda
Teacher Professional Development Specialist Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Teacher Professional Development Specialist for the Schools and Systems (S&S) USAID-funded project in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, the five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improved literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity will include a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
The Teacher Professional Development Specialist will work closely with the Literacy Advisor to plan, schedule and implement all training activities under Results 2 and 3. S/he will support the Literacy Advisor in development of training materials, guides and job aids under Results 2 and 3. Training formats will include face-to-face, distance education and blended learning formats, and across different types of equipment including phones, tablets and WhatsApp. Trainings will benefit teachers, school leaders, district and sector education staff and others. The Teacher Professional Development Specialist will work closely with MINEDUC/REB and other stakeholders to be sure the training content meets GoR and Schools and Systems (project) expectations, reflects current policies and are validated as needed.
- Lead activity scheduling and logistics for training materials development and implementation activities
- Contribute to development of specific training modules, as agreed with Literacy Advisor
- Liaise with partners focused on pre-service and pre-primary education to align methods and materials
- Work with experts in literacy as well as cross-cutting areas such as SBC, school safety, SEL, well-being, disability-inclusion and gender-inclusion to prepare trainings that integrate and reflect best practices
- A higher education degree in a field such as elementary education or curriculum and instruction
- At least five years relevant experience required, including significant experience in training materials development intended for educators
- Knowledge of MINEDUC/REB system
- Working knowledge of instructional designand ability to synthesize multiple sources of information into well-structured and engaging training materials
- Understanding of best practices in literacy teaching and learning, and assessment
- Ability to organize and conduct trainings and technical workshops
- Ability to create work products as part of a team, including inter-personal and organizational skills
- Experience teaching in primary schools strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
The deadline:22nd August 2021
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd August, 2021.