Strategy Designer at Hope International
- Company: Hope International
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Application deadline: April 13, 2023
The strategy designer is a member of the Strategy & Innovation (S&I) team whose vision is to empower teams to advance HOPE’s mission through coordinated plans of action and exploration of future impact. As an internal consultant, the strategy designer approaches the challenges of internal “clients” with empathy, humility, and confidence. We come alongside the context and subject matter experts as guides and process coaches. Our goal is to help HOPE efficiently and effectively explore strategic opportunities and navigate the process together.
Location: Durham, NC; Lancaster, PA; Kigali, Rwanda; Remote,
Department: Integrated Strategy
Reports to: Director of Strategy and Innovation
- Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
- Consult and coach
- Provide quick, on-demand consultations across the organization (those designing a specific strategy, leading a project, or making a decision) to point them toward a helpful next step in the strategy process.
- Provide more in-depth coaching to walk alongside staff as they seek to answer strategic questions and use HOPE’s strategy process.
- Listen to challenges and collaborate to evaluate where the HOPE staff member you are supporting is in the process and propose a path forward based on HOPE’s strategy process & resources.
- Provide facilitation of strategy design activities as a support to project leads or decision makers.
- Network internally within HOPE to identify opportunities to support strategy.
- Provide on-demand training on strategy process, tools, and resources.
- Build awareness on strategy processes and methods.
- Gather feedback to identify opportunities for improvement to our efforts to equip staff.
- Contribute to strengthening the culture of strategy at HOPE and reducing barriers to effective organizational strategy.
- Create resources
- Contribute to building and maintaining HOPE’s strategy design resources.
- As required, provide projects deliverables to augment teams’ strategy design and management capacity.
- Curate and prep materials to support others leading a strategy design session or process.
- Develop & learn
- Learn about HOPE’s work and the organization to help streamline the strategy process.
- Invest in learning and studying the disciplines of strategy design.
- Research context for specific strategic questions as needed.
- Engage in the integration of our faith into why and how we do strategy at HOPE.
- Support departmental projects as needs arise.
- While the primary responsibility of this job will focus on strategy, there may be opportunities or need for this person to support innovation projects as well.
Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- The below qualifications are helpful and desirable. Since there’s no such thing as a perfect candidate, a great candidate may not (yet) have some of the below. Your ability to learn and solve problems is more important than having all the right past experiences.
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude to lead a project team or group through a facilitated activity.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, cast vision, and work collaboratively and effectively with executives, board members, employees at all levels, and volunteers.
- Ability to lead trainings and present complex ideas in a straightforward way.
- Ability to solve problems and create a structured approach for ambiguous challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Growth mindset, taking ownership over your development and work.
- Passion for listening to stakeholders to build empathy.
- Experience building strategy, such as creating a plan to tackle a problem or focus efforts to work across teams.
- Experience delivering value by pushing something new forward from idea to launch.
- 2-5 years of professional experience (nonprofit, consulting, business or program operations, strategy design, innovation, product, or monitoring & evaluation a plus)
- International travel experience in difficult contexts and experience living abroad appreciated (requires willingness and ability to travel up to 50 nights per year, mostly international trips to visit HOPE programs; HOPE’s travel cap is 75 nights)
- Experience working with OKRs and KPIs or other strategy management methods.
- Cross-cultural experience and communication skills.
- Experience working on cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- College degree in a related field a plus, high school diploma required.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th April, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE