Sports Programs Manager at Rwanda National Olympic And Sports Committee (Rnosc)
- Company: Rwanda National Olympic And Sports Committee (Rnosc)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Job Description of the Sports Programs Manager at RNOSC
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1984, the Rwanda National Olympic and Sports Committee (RNOSC) has its headquarters at the Remera–Hallmark Center Building, Kigali, and serves as both the National Olympic Committee and Commonwealth Games Association.
BUILDING GENERATIONS OF CHAMPIONS
- The Rwanda national Olympic and sport Movement must become a pillar of social, economic and environmental development in Rwanda;
- Nationally, the Olympic Movement must provide each citizen of Rwanda with the opportunity to engage within his/her community, to live his/her passion, to build his/her capacities, to get a job, and to adopt a healthy lifestyle;
- Beyond our borders, sport throughout its international exposure, must continue strengthening the positive image of Rwanda as a reference model;
- Every people dedicated to the sport Movement has to play a significant role. Athletes, decision-makers and managers, officials, coaches, parents, partners, all of them must carry on the values of exemplarity, respect, friendship and excellence;
- Recognize the achievements of those who make a real difference.
RNOSC’S MISSION AND ROLE ARE DESIGNED BY:
The Olympic Charter
- Develop, promote and protect the Olympic Movement in Rwanda
- Promote the fundamental principles and values of Olympism in their countries, in particular, in the fields of sport and education, by promoting Olympic educational programmes in all levels of schools, sports and physical education institutions and universities, as well as by encouraging the creation of institutions dedicated to Olympic education, such as National Olympic Academies, Olympic Museums and other programmes, including cultural, related to the Olympic Movement
- Encourage the development of high performance sport as well as sport for all
- Help in the training of sports administrators by organizing courses and ensure that such courses contribute to the propagation of the fundamental principles of Olympism
- Take action against any form of discrimination and violence in sport
- Adopt and implement the World Anti-Doping Code
- Represent the country at the Olympic Games and at the regional, continental or world multi-sports competitions patronized by the IOC. In addition, each NOC is obliged to participate in the Games of the Olympiad by sending athletes
- Select and designate the city which may apply to organize Olympic Games
- Cooperate with governmental bodies, with which the RNOSC will achieve harmonious relations. However, it shall not associate itself with any activity which would be in contradiction with the Olympic Charter. The RNOSC may also cooperate with non-governmental bodies
- Preserve its autonomy and resist all pressures of any kind, including but not limited to political, legal, religious or economic pressures which may prevent it from complying with the Olympic Charter.
IV. OLYMPIAD’S OBJECTIVES
Professionalize the Rwanda sport Movement, including the National Olympic and Sports Committee, a liated national sport federations and organizations, athletes along with all stakeholders involved, to create a positive environment generating success and performance.
Make Rwanda a leading and influencing country in Africa recognized as a reference and innovative Nation by peers within the international sport Movement.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Sports Programs Manager oversees the overall strategy, planning, and execution of sports development programmes, especially the Olympic Solidarity and Commonwealth Sport Programmes. The Sports Programs Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of sports programs for athletes of all levels, from grassroots to elite, as well as programs for coaches and professionals working in the sports sector. He/she works closely with coaches, administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure that programs are aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives. He/she also plays a key role in identifying and developing talent, and in preparing athletes for international competitions.
- Develop and implement short-term, mid-term, and long-term sports programs.
- Plan and design the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolve issues and initiate appropriate corrective actions;
- Prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate the Olympic Solidarity Programmes and other programmes initiated by RNOSC;
- Prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate the Commonwealth Sport Programmes and other programmes initiated by CGA Rwanda;
- Prepare for Olympic Day, the Olympic Games, the Olympic Youth Games, International Competitions and other events organized by RNOSC;
- Prepare for Commonwealth Day, the Commonwealth Games, the Commonwealth Youth Games, International Competitions and other events organized by CGA Rwanda;
- Prepare and ensure the proper allocation of the budget for the program in collaboration with the Finance Department, and monitor expenditures and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses;
- Produce both accurate and timely reports on the program’s status throughout its life cycle and submit technical reports on time;
- Work closely with National Sports Federations and Associations to develop special programs that will help identify young talents and cultivate elite athletes capable of representing Rwanda effectively at international competitions, including but not limited to the Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games;
- Work closely with government institutions, particularly the Ministry of Sports, and other stakeholders to promote the Rwanda Sport Movement and enhance the lives of Rwandans through sport;
- Represent the Department in the RNOSC/CGA Rwanda Executive Committee meetings and relay relevant information to the Department, when necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in project management (Experience in major events management considered as a strong asset).
Requirements, Language and IT Competences:
- A strong knowledge of the sports world and/or Olympic Movement, particularly Rwanda Sport Movement;
- Be a former athlete or professional (administrator, coach, etc.) within Rwanda’s Sports sector would be an advantage;
- Languages: bilingual in English and French (oral and written).
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook;
- Capacity for managing and leading people, ability to connect with staff both individually and in large groups;
- capacity to enforce accountability, ability to develop and empower leaders from the bottom up, and lead from the top down, strong commitment to follow-through, and high emotional intelligence are essential qualities;
- Excellent sense of planning, organization and management of priorities.
- Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly, to multitask and to deal with complex issues in an organized way;
- Ability to interact with sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism with all kinds of people, create a climate of trust and appreciate the needs and expectations of one’s interlocutors;
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional performance in a highly stressful situation;
- Ability to remain efficient within a changing environment and to adapt positively to new tasks, responsibilities or people; Ability to think and act independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to the organization’s ethical principles, apply these and act accordingly.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th November, 2023.