Senior Management Information System (Mis) Advisor at Chemonics International Inc.
- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Scope of Work
Senior Management Information System (MIS) Advisor for the Rwanda Food and Drug Authority (Rwanda FDA)
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management
The Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. There are four main task orders for the project: HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Population and Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health.
The Rwanda Food & Drug Authority (Rwanda FDA) – legally established in February 2018, this institution’s mandate is to regulate and control the quality of pharmaceutical and food products and services in the public and private sectors.
The Senior MIS Advisor to Rwanda FDA is responsible for providing technical assistance to the Rwanda FDA to implement its current and future regulatory information systems such as the Integrated Regulatory Information Management System (IRIMS), the Pharmacovigilance Information Management System (PVIMS),Laboratory information management system (LIMS) and the National Product Catalog (NPC) and the Mobile application. The support includes collaboration with relevant entities, stakeholders and donors in line with MIS initiatives, capacity building to strengthen pharmaceutical regulatory information systems as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the strategic direction of technical assistance to Rwanda FDA, participating in the process of development of the annual work plan and planning with key partners to implement GHSC-PSM Rwanda activities.
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual activity reports, and other related communications.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy
- Strong leadership and motivational ability.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience using inventory tracking systems and information systems.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and results driven.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by Supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A master’s degree with 5 years working experience in any of the following domains is required computer science, computer software engineering, Information Management , software programming, or Bachelor’s degree with 8 years working experience in any of the following domains is required computer science, computer software engineering, Information Management , software programming and development.
- Professional program certification in Java is strongly desired.
- Experience working on large-scale software projects.
- Professional experience using cybersecurity and open-source technology.
- Experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and more.
- Hands-on experience in public health programs will be an added advantage.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential.
- Experience developing secure software systems based upon industry specifications.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals and or health technologies management, regulatory systems strengthening related projects, pharmacovigilance, preferably with international donors and organizations such as USAID, Global Fund, UN agencies-WHO and World Bank, is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in medical products regulatory and health information systems management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing electronic tools and information systems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of medical products registration and health information systems in Rwanda.
- In-depth understanding of design, planning and functionalities of e-health related tools and integration issues between tools desired.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and project management paradigms.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Ability to analyze the existing systems for modification purposes. Researching and designing new software systems, and applications. Writing and implementing, clean, scalable code. Troubleshooting and debugging code
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Analyze code for weaknesses and errors, and present detailed plans to improve them.
- Experience developing customized code for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Significant experience in providing technical assistance on management information systems and implementing information manual and electronic tools to strengthen health/pharmaceutical systems desired.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints.
- Experience and ability working with senior government officials.
- Experience with USAID and other donor agencies is desirable.
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent local travel as required. The person will be seconded at the Rwanda FDA/ IT department.
The Senior MIS Advisor will report to the Country Director/GHSC-PSM and technically reports to the Chief Finance Officer/ Rwanda FDA.
Method of Application
Application should include an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (4 pages maximum), copy of academic qualifications, three professional references, telephone contact and email address, NOT later than December 11, 2023 at 17:30.
Please apply to:
The Country Director, GHSC-PSM Project in Rwanda through email [email protected] and mention “The Senior MIS Advisor Application” as subject of your email. Only complete applications will be vetted, and short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted in relation to the subject.
Done at Kigali on November 27, 2023
Country Director, GHSC-PSM Project in Rwanda