Senior Global Health Security Advisor at IntraHealth
- Company: IntraHealth
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Rwanda
Job Opportunity: Senior Global Health Security Advisor
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
IntraHealth International is hiring a Senior Global Health Security Advisor for an upcoming project based in Kigali, Rwanda.
The Senior Global Health Security Advisor will be a subject matter expert in infectious disease or clinical epidemiology, with extensive experience in programmatic management of large health programs on a global level. This individual will have experience in global health emergencies, large-scale malaria programs or related infectious diseases programs. In this role, The Senior Global Health Security Advisor will be the focal person for global health security related and malaria activities under the upcoming project in Rwanda.
The Senior Global Health Security Advisor will be responsible for designing and implementing programs to support the health system of Rwanda in detecting and responding to emerging global health threats. They will have supervisory and mentorship roles of select ISDA technical staff, and will therefore have a broad knowledge, skills and experience in mentorship and teaching/healthcare training.
This position reports to the Chief of Party and collaborates closely with Rwanda technical team and US-based staff from the IntraHealth Chapel Hill office.
- A Master of Medicine degree in Infectious Diseases, ora Master of Science or Public Health Degree in Epidemiology with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in one or more health technical areas: malaria, global health emergencies, global health security agenda and emerging infection diseases; or integrated health service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing global health projects funded by USAID, CDC, or other key donors in the international development sector.
- Demonstrated short- or long-term experience working in developing country contexts on issues relating to infectious disease prevention and control, health systems strengthening, or disease surveillance.
- Have in depth knowledge, skills, and experience in mentorship and teaching/healthcare training.
- English proficiency (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Experience working on integrated health service delivery programs, preferably USG-funded.
- Demonstrated understanding of Rwanda’s health system, including the centralized and decentralized structure, disease surveillance and response systems, and coordination of health activities at the district level.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work independently with all stakeholders
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Office environment requiring sitting at a desk most of the day, using hands to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Requires lifting of 0-25 lbs. occasionally or as needed
Managing Performance: Ability to plan and design practices, processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall organizational performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
Effective Communication (Oral & Written): Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Risk Management: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization’s exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within assigned role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’ s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth’ s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IntraHealth is the Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Method of Application
The application file containing the following documents should consolidated in one PDF file & submitted to the Chief of Party via our recruitment portal: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis until the position is filled. Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks from the submission, consider your application unsuccessful.
The application file should include:
- Motivation letter.
- Updated CV which has 3 professional references, including current and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
- Notarised academic degrees;
- Copy of valid license ;
- Previous employment certification.
Learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE