Senior Finance Officer at IntraHealth
- Company: IntraHealth
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Job Opportunity: Senior Finance Officer
Why Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we have built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
The USAID Ingobyi Activity is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, in a sustainable manner with the goal of reducing neonatal, child, and maternal mortality in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity builds upon the tremendous gains Rwanda has made in the health sector as well as previous USAID investments in the health sector to provide a healthier, more productive future for all Rwandans. Ingobyi works to improve the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services with resilience and sustainability.
IntraHealth is seeking one (1) Senior Finance Officer for the USAID Ingobyi Activity in Rwanda. The Ingobyi Activity is supporting the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality, and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescents, and children under five. The Senior Finance Officer will support general accounting functions through management of the General Ledger records, processing of payments, processing and posting month-end adjusting journals, and compilation of periodic project expenditure reports. The position will report to the Finance Manager.
- Review and process staff/activity advance request forms in a timely basis.
- Follow up with staff for timely liquidation of advances ensuring that expense reports from travelers are received within timelines stipulated in the travel policy.
- Check for accuracy, completeness, reasonableness, adequacy of supporting documents accompanying travel expense forms, ensuring compliance with donor and organizations’ policies and procedures.
- Ensure all amounts paid to the organization in liquidation of travel advances are receipted and banked promptly.
- Generate journal vouchers for all approved travel reimbursement forms (TRFs), floats, and other forms of accountabilities and ensure that once reviewed and approved, they are accurately posted into the accounting system in a timely manner.
- Prepare a receivables aging analysis on a monthly basis ensuring documented follow-up of outstanding receivables.
- Reconcile the monthly balance sheet accounts for the Ingobyi Activity.
- Ensure any variances between HQ records and Country Office reports are discussed with Supervisor and resolved in a timely manner.
- Compile monthly detailed Budget-Variance-Analysis reports for the project for distribution to the Finance Manager by the stipulated timeline.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly expenditure reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
- Process vendor payments and posting to the General Ledger.
- Reconcile vendor payments monthly and resolve any matters arising on a timely basis.
- Process the payments to participants and ensure all supporting documents are on file.
- Process deductions and submission of all statutory payments on a timely basis.
Logistical support function
- Serve as the focal finance person to support logistics team to process payments of hotels invoices.
- Support with verifications of hotel invoices before the payment.
- Support the logistics team to make payment reconciliation with hotels.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial records.
- Provide any other required financial backstopping roles to the IntraHealth Rwanda office as needed.
- Jointly, with the immediate supervisor, participate in own annual performance appraisal, identify own learning needs and personal career growth.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters in the same field is an added value
- CPA or related professional course is an added advantage
- 5 years of experience in busy accounting department, one of which as an auditor
- Experience in USAID rules & regulations
- Experience in donor funded organization is preferred
- Well-developed Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- High integrity, honesty, initiative, and team-player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Motivation letter
- Copies of notarized degrees and certificates compiled in one PDF document
- Updated Curriculum Vitae f maximum 3 pages with three references and their contacts. The referencing should be made of the current supervisor, previous supervisor, and academic supervisors contacts.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th February , 2022.