Security And Safety Supervisor at University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
- Company: University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Butaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Rwanda
Safety and Security Supervisor
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) Butaro, Rwanda
Job Title: Security and safety supervisor
Reports to: Safety & Security Manager
Location: Butaro, Rwanda
The Safety and Security supervisor works under the direction of the Safety & Security assistant /Manager, to help oversee a comprehensive safety and security activities at UGHE campus Butaro. This program will have four areas of responsibility: Health, Security, Safety, and Incident/Emergency Response. Covering nights and weekends, this position will assist in the proper implementation of security by the private security contractors, while observing security policies and procedures.
- Supervise all activities done by the contracted private security company/s regarding Safety & Security at Buttaro Campus in observation of the Safety & Security daily activities and procedures mostly in the CCTV control room
- Patrol the enlarged campus to secure the campus during the day /night shifts and weekends, immediately contacting the Safety & Security assistant / Manager as soon as any issue arises
- Train the contracted guards on job training and in radio walkie talkie use
- In coordination with all involved, complete reports, mostly Incident Report Forms for all incidents occurring on duty
- Assist in the documentation processes and procedures for emergency and disaster response
- Conduct safety trainings/ briefings and site security orientations to private security guards contracted to work at the UGHE campus
- Take some roles during emergencies and drills
- Work with contracted security firm daily ensuring all posts/duties are covered
- Assist the facilities team in things like switching off unnecessary lights or closing forgotten running water taps, closing unlocked doors of buildings on campus
Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
Qualifications At least 5 or more years in the field of safety & security guard duties in a well-known private security company or other institutions
- If with skills in training preferred Radio walkie talkie use.
- Ability to adapt to various cultures; tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation skills;
- English and Kinyarwanda proficiency required, French knowledge optional.
- Being from or residing in Burera District also considered an added advantage.
- After-hours on-call availability to respond to emergency situations as they arise; Butaro based work
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high-quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.