School Chaplain at Wellspring Academy
- Company: Wellspring Academy
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Development Trust Jobs in Rwanda
November 22, 2023
Position: School Chaplain
Reports: To the School Principal
Contract type and duration: Full time with an open ended after a successful completion of two year contract which includes three months probationary period.
Wellspring Academy is an international Christian School with a Vision to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
The school is looking for a School Chaplain to serve in the school in the following duties;
The vision of the Wellspring Academy is to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world. Wellspring Academy’s vision sees each child fully engaged in a curriculum enriched with Biblical truth that builds their stamina for deep, creative and critical thinking across and between subject areas.
The mission of the Wellspring Academy is to educate and equip students to become highly skilled, Godly leaders, and agents of community transformation.
Wellspring Academy’s mission aims at providing an excellent academic and Christian program in a safe, caring, and healthy environment. Wellspring Academy, parents, and stakeholders work in partnership to ensure each student experience the joy and rigor of learning. High expectations within a challenging curriculum delivered through excellent instruction provide the educational foundation for all students to become enthusiastic, persistent, and competent learners with Godly values who care about and demonstrate respect for themselves, others, and the environment.
Students work together, with their teachers, and with experts to develop fundamental skills and complex understandings of the world around them through the Biblical Truth. A strong sense of community is built through Christian Education and an emphasis on social skill development. Parents, Teachers, School Leaders and Partners show their commitment for the school through their individual and collaborative involvement in continuously improving the school.
The School aims to develop leaders for all sectors of society who display the principles of unity, uniqueness, service and stewardship.
Wellspring seeks a qualified and passionate educational person with experience in discipleship for schools in the integration and implementation of biblical principles and values in all classrooms and across all curriculum areas. The chaplain will work in collaboration with the school leadership team to plan, develop, organize and deliver practical and ongoing spiritual growth to both staff and students.
As Wellspring Academy’s mission is to see a transformed generation through a Christ Centered Education, the person should be able to understand the pivotal importance of ministry at every stage of life from 3 to 18 age groups. Wellspring Academy education strives to create a welcoming, secure, and supportive community for children as they grow from early childhood to adolescence in order to share with them the formative love and Truth of Jesus Christ.
This is a Full-time salaried position.
Benefits include Social security, Health insurance & Pay As You Earn
Vacation includes one calendar month of paid leave per year.
- Love for Christ that is evident in an individual’s life and character
- A genuine love for children and their unique stage of personal and spiritual formation
- Strength in building trust in the Biblical perspective
- Strength in communication and teaching
- Experience in leading ministry and building up strong ministry teams
- Personable and comfortable in relating to all school community partners
- A relational philosophy of ministry with a heart for those both in and not yet in the church
- Well informed about Christian education trends
- A relational philosophy of ministry with heart for those both in and not yet in the life with Jesus.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in theology or Diploma/Professional certificate in Bible studies or related
- Extensive discipleship experience in leading ministry and building up strong ministry teams
- Experience with teaching within worship and assessing and evaluating spiritual growth for both students and teachers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member, work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to quickly grasp new techniques, deal with rapid changes in events, remain calm in stressful situations, relate to various personality styles in a calm, professional manner
- Competency in using electronic communication methods and equipment
Primary Responsibilities (Include but not limited to the following)
Plan, develop, implement, and annually evaluate the Bible lessons based upon core competencies and identified priority issues in Curriculum of the Bible studies
- Working closely with Wellspring Academy home teachers for morning devotions effectiveness
- Provide oversight for staff Team Leaders to ensure spiritual oversight is commensurate with all other aspects of the life of the whole school community
- Provide leadership for the spiritual formation team
- Meeting with other staff and leaders for ongoing encouragement and guidance
- Maintaining effective communications with students, leaders, and parents and help promote the visibility of the ministry to the Academy community
- Preparing and delivering bible lessons to a range of classes including putting up displays in the classroom;
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of students’ progress and development;
- Researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge and then devising and writing new curriculum materials;
- Create ways to implement engaging weekly programs that build community and nurture spiritual growth
- Coordinating joint or separate junior/senior chapels, space layout of corporate worship, aligning the message of the guest speakers
- Coordinating the annual G12 camp
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and strong decision making ability.
- Emotionally mature. Highly resourceful team player.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to competing demands, and demonstrate highest level of customer service.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- All candidates should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Theological studies, Divinity studies, Bible studies or similar field.
- Having experience of at least 3 years in teaching bible studies and/or assuming responsibilities of school chaplain).
- Experience in an international school setting preferred.
To apply, send:
- Motivation letter (Max 1 page )
- A statement of faith and brief testimony,
- A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of 2 professional referees and 1 referee from your place of worship (max 3 pages)
Method of Application
Closing date for Applications is November 30, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Commencement date: January 4, 2024
We appreciate all candidates for their interest in working with the Wellspring Academy, but due to large numbers of applications, only successfully shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.