Safety And Security Officer at Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA)
- Company: Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Rwanda
Safety and Security Officer
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Beef Cattle and Small Ruminants, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Tree Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or assume positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
We are seeking a Safety & Security Officer to manage the safety & security of campus assets and personnel. The Safety & Security Officer will work within the Facilities Department to contribute to the smooth running of the campus operations, reporting to the Safety & Security Manager.
- Supervise, train and manage 24-hour building security guards and security supervisors (or manage sub-contracted security team personnel) to patrol and protect campus facilities.
- Work under Safety & Security Manager in leading and executing all safety and security protocols of the RICA campus and surrounding spaces related to campus life.
- Assist in overseeing key access, CCTV operations and any other access control systems, including monitoring and reviewing cameras, tracking and evaluating incident reports.
- Conduct interior and exterior building patrols and on-the-spot post inspections to ensure staff is adhering to policy and standards and all building access is maintained and secured at all times.
- Create administrative documentation including reports, disciplinary notes, logging entries and build department budget and strategic plans regarding security & safety.
- Under the supervision of the Safety & Security Manager, collaborate with Rwanda National Police (or other government authority) related to security breaches/incidents.
- Support in security searches as well as well as other operations that need gender-sensitive approaches.
- Report on Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) incidents and work to ensure compliance with HSE policies and procedures onsite. This includes working with the contractor’s HSE coordinator onsite during construction to ensure smooth operation of campus alongside construction of new assets.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English communication.
- Have not been sentenced by Rwandan courts or any other foreign courts of law.
- Discipline and high integrity.
- Bachelors’ degree in any discipline with at least 5 years’ experience or holder of A level certificate with more than 7 years’ experience in the safety and security field.
- Having valid driving license category B at least one of them, having also category A would be an advantage.
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of security management frameworks and standards.
- Broad knowledge of corporate security.
- Demonstrable interest in security assessment/audit activities.
- Knowledge of Risk Management.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good Communication & interpersonal skill across strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- Flexibility, persistence and willingness to work on a variety of activities/tasks.
- A proactive approach with the confidence to make decisions.
- A methodical and well-organized approach to work.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Confidentiality of Company information.
- Knowledge of local government and local security agencies’ procedure, processes and operations.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2023.