Rwanda Office Attendee Officer/Security Guard at One Acre Fund
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Northern Province
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for 14 passionate staff members who will be attending the office in one of the regions in One Acre Fund and will be performing the security and cleaning activities at the office. He/she must have basic communication skills and the ability to use a computer will be an added advantage. If having additional skills in hospitality can be an added advantage.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The office Attendee Officer performs a variety of tasks like Maintaining order and protects the organization’s customer, staff, asset and property
- The Office Attendee Officer will be the primary port of call at the office. He/she will will be working as a security guard and a cleaner, overseeing the safety of the office like making sure that the work-space is well maintained and cleaned
- The office Attendee Officer requires strong organizational skills and the ability to support multiple tasks assigned when he/she is at the office. He/She displays initiative to report/resolve problems on a daily basis; they’re proactive communicators and possess keen attention to detail. The Office Attendee possesses all TUBURA values, with an exceptional sense of customer service and humility.
- Recording and Reporting of everything brought out to the office. The Office Attendee will need to record each movement of office materials and make sure the data is accurate. He/she will support the offload office fleet when needed.
- Emergency reporting in case something happened at the office
- Maintain a good relationship with other staff and stakeholders
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking a candidate with an exceptional professional with 1 year of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply :
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Having One Acre Fund Values
- A trustworthy character
- A polite and approachable manner at all times
- A flexible and responsible approach to the job
- The ability to be patient regardless of the situation
- 1 + year experience working as a security guard with excel skills
- Able to live in a rural area
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10th May, 2020.