Rwanda – Finance & Administration Manager at Aids Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Rwanda
- Company: Aids Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
JOB DESCRIPTION: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER – RWANDA
Department : Administration
Reports To : Country Programs Manager – AHF Rwanda
Duty Station : Kigali
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that was founded in 1987 and has been at the forefront of the HIV response, currently supporting HIV/AIDS programs in 45 countries.
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Rwanda has been registered in Rwanda since 2006 and is committed to support the Government of Rwanda through the Ministry of Health in its efforts to curb the HIV epidemic by providing HIV prevention.
AHF Rwanda is looking for very competent candidates to fill up the position of FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER to be based in Kigali at Country Office.
Manages the Accounting and Financial functions of AHF Rwanda to ensure timely accomplishment of the country program targets through effective and efficient implementation of operational plans and targets including Financial Management, implementing the Global Policies and Procedures and liaison with Global Finance in Los Angeles – USA. This function will be executed by ensuring all round management of AHF Rwanda Finance in all the districts we operate in, training and supervision, managing the operations of the project sites, supports the development and implementation of work scopes aimed and enhancing program performance and expansion; ensures the implementation and adherence to operational, administrative and finance policies and procedures and operation budgets. The position will also be the custodian of HR and HR related matters, management of staff insurance and medical schemes and management of leave and absence records.
This position reports to the Africa Regional Finance Manager on Financial and technical areas, and to the Country Program Manager on administrative issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following.
- Manages the full accounting cycle functions and maintains accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for the Rwanda program operations.
- Assures that the financial structure and reporting practices are in compliance with AHF policies and procedures as well as with rules and regulations governing grants and supports grantor requirements.
- Participates as a member of a team to develop and maintain accounting and finance infrastructure in Africa and assure timely and accurate reporting.
- Liaisons with Global accounting staff and accounting firms. Communicate timely and very concisely with our Global staff and ancillary services.
- Assures the accuracy and timely reporting of accounting data and financial analysis related to the Global division.
- Supports the processes that assist managers in making strategic and operational data-based decisions by delivering timely, accurate and relevant financial information.
- Liaisons with Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA (USA). Provides assistance to the CFO, Associate Chief of Finance, and Director Global Accounting as requested
Financial responsibilities duties may include:
- Review, analysis and verification of various business transactions including all revenues, expenses, and accruals.
- Collect and prepare documentation and reconciliations.
- Review monthly general ledger for accuracy with and provide periodic updates, variance analysis and performance reports.
- Provide cash management oversight. Prepares monthly cash budget and manages cash flows by assuring that adequate cash is available. Assures that no payroll or inappropriate purchases are made from the petty cash.
- Provides information to Corporate Finance about compulsory legal requirements including required tax filings and other legal business filings, insurance requirements, and any other requirements that may be mandatory in Rwanda. Assist AHF in assuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Provide assistance by supporting Global accounting efforts as directed.
- Provide support with Annual Financial Audits, Contract Audits, and any additional audits as necessary.
- Participate in preparation of budgets.
- Communicate closely with the Finance Department located at Corporate Headquarters.
- Perform constant monitoring of financial and accounting requests and submissions to assure compliance with policy.
- Review expense reporting for accuracy and compliance with policy.
- Reconcile petty cash fund.
- Manage staff advances assuring that advances are controlled, monitored, and cleared. Assures that policies are followed.
- Maintenance of depreciation/fixed asset schedules.
- Management of monthly payroll including timely salary transfers and payment of taxes. Also, manages the “top-offs” to Ministry of Health employees working at AHF.
- Perform a wide variety of special projects and data gathering functions as well as developing reports as necessary.
- Prepare specialized reports, analysis and financial models; present results of analysis.
- Review month-end financial reports, provide variance analysis, research financial irregularities, and use the analysis to develop meaningful financial reporting.
- Train both Finance and non-finance staff and supports the programs to comply with AHF policies, Donor requirements and national laws.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
Attends AHF Meetings as assigned.
Provide leadership and supervision to finance and administration team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Education equivalent to that a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Membership to a Professional body i.e., ACCA, CPA or CA and a Master Degree is a must. Experience in Audit and INGO Accounting work will be an added advantage
I have read the job description and agree to its contents. I acknowledge that other duties may be requested of me that are not specifically stated here. I agree to perform these duties as directed by my immediate supervisor(s), and when called upon. I also agree to assist in the formulation of a revised job description should the need arise in the opinion of my supervisor(s) and/or the Director of Human Resources.
Method of ApplicationSubmission of applications – to include a 1-page Cover letter, an updated CV and names, title, and contacts of three professional referees and copies of qualification certificates – should be submitted via e-mail [email protected] with
subject FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER.
The deadline for submission of applications is 14 October 2022 at 23:59hrs.