Quality Improvement Specialist at Palladium Rwanda Limited
- Company: Palladium Rwanda Limited
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Quality Improvement Specialist
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies, and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success, and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Rwanda Health Systems Activity (RIHSA) seeks to support the MOH in strengthening Rwanda’s health system to provide quality health care for Rwandans while building the capacity of the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to move away from a donor-financed health system towards a self-reliant health system. Through a focus on health financing and engagement with the private sector, RIHSA provides technical assistance to the GOR on various strategies, tools and approaches that will allow Rwanda to sustainably fund its healthcare system and provide quality care at all levels. The project is aimed at achieving two major objectives:
- Reduce financial barriers to health care through a mix of public and private interventions and provide tools for improved domestic resource mobilization and improve health care financing for the GOR.
- Improve the quality of essential health services at national, facility, and community levels utilizing a health systems approach.
RIHSA is implemented by a consortium led by Palladium International LLC (Palladium) in partnership with RTI International, the Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa (COHSASA), Zenysis Technologies, and the Rwanda Agency for Accreditation and Quality of Healthcare (RAAQH).
RIHSA is seeking to recruit a Quality Improvement Specialist based in Kigali, Rwanda. The QI Specialist will support activities related to strengthening quality of essential health services, including strengthening performance improvement for health facilities as part of the accreditation processes, effective leadership, governance for quality at the district level, institutionalizing sustainable quality structures, and increasing private sector engagement for accreditation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The QI Specialist will support the implementation of RIHSA work plan under the supervision of the Quality Improvement Director (QID). She/He will be engaged in supporting quality improvement unit at hospitals to plan, design, implement and maintain a comprehensive medical practice continuous quality improvement (CQI) program, including quality and risk management.
She/he will develop and provide education, technical assistance, and on-site consultation to assist healthcare organizations improve healthcare quality improvement systems to meet the Rwandan healthcare accreditation standards and achieve the annual performance target She will develop capacity of new Quality Improvement (QI) officers within healthcare organizations to carry out effectively their roles and responsibilities.
- Work with MOH clinical service department team identifying the unique needs of the health facilities and tailor the technical assistance engagements to those needs.
- Analyze accreditation survey results and help facilities to develop standards implementation plans to close identified performance gaps.
- Provide input into the development of activity-wide strategies and work plans to address quality improvement issues prioritized by the Government of Rwanda and key stakeholders
- Work with district officials, private nonprofit entities, and communities to develop strategies, plans, and objectives that will strengthen quality improvement approaches to improve provision of health services in their service areas
- Prepare workshops, training sessions, training materials, evaluation, and report and coordinate with all relevant stakeholders,
- Work closely with Ministry of Health and RIHSA subcontractors
- Provides technical support to quality improvement officers to evaluate variance in healthcare and other data to identify QI opportunities and risk management issues
- Provide technical support to health facility teams to design QI projects to tackle most pressing challenges in the healthcare system
- Monitor achievements of the project targets with regards to QI performance indicators ,
- Contribute to regular reporting and documentation of best practices for the project
- Ensure data quality measures are upheld
- Performs any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Degree in Medicine (Senior Medical Officer) with Master’s degree in Public Health or any health-related sciences
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant field including designing and implementing quality improvement and/or supportive supervision skills
- Knowledge of the health systems approach to improve quality of services
- Experience in organizing and conducting mentorship sessions
- Ability to analyze data and communicate data
- Experience working with Rwanda Ministry of Health at both central and decentralized level is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required; French strongly preferred
- Previous USAID project experience strongly preferred
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th December , 2021.