Project Driver at Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd
- Company: Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rubengera Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Rwanda
TERMS OF REFERENCE
RECRUITMENT OF THE PROJECT DRIVER: GABIRO AGRIBUSINESS HUB PROJECT, 5600/16,000 HA, LOCATED IN NYAGATARE DISTRICT.
- Background. 3
- MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE CALL FOR PROJECT DRIVER. 3
- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES. 3
- REQUIREMENTS. 4
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE. 4
- CONTRACT PERIOD5
- END 5
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR PROJECT DRIVER
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd Company is a fruit of a joint venture shaped between the Government of Rwanda through the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources, majority shareholder with Netafim Ltd), an Israeli company that offers global leadership in the agricultural manufacturing industry. Both parties signed a Joint Venture-JV and Engineering Procurement and Construction-EPC agreements to initiate Gabiro commercial-oriented irrigation Project Phase I (5600/16000 Ha). The project shall be implemented at Karangazi sector, in the Nyagatare district. Phase II of the project shall follow upon the success of Phase I.
The project consists of setting up water infrastructures mainly a lined water canal for bulk water supply from Akagera river to multiple block units of arable land, main sedimentation tank of 120,000m3, construction of internal access and site connection roads, set up demonstration farms for both agriculture and dairy farming, set up community engagement platforms, community resettlement for the families living in command areas and construction of new electric power line. 30% of the total project area shall be allocated to the community use for both intensive livestock and agricultural production, while 70% shall be reserved for private agricultural investments. The project was analyzed to be both financially viable and technically feasible with positive economic outcomes.
In order to achieve its mission and objectives, GAH Ltd is looking for a driver who will be assisting in the movements of the company’s operations.
2. MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE CALL FOR PROJECT DRIVER
The main objective of a Driver is to transport staff to their destinations in a safe and comfortable fashion.
3. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Project driver who will be assisting in movements of the company’s operations, and the responsibilities are as follows:
- Transport the project staff to and from the place where official project activities will be transacted;
- Monitor the status and condition of the vehicle under his responsibility and initiate requests for its needed maintenance and repair;
- Regularly cleans the vehicle under his responsibility;
- Sees to it that the vehicle under his responsibility is in safe premises, whenever if it is not in use;
- Maintains a record of all trips made as well as the consumption of fuel and other materials used for the operation and maintenance of vehicle;
- Assist in the delivery of outgoing company documents; and
- Follow all rules and regulations in relation to the Road Safety Transport Authority.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
The Project Driver should have:
- At least High School Graduate
- Formal driving qualifications from a recognized transport institution
- Holder of a valid Class “B” driving licence
- At least 3 years of experience as a professional driver
- Outstanding record of safe driving; strong orientation towards safety;
- Excellent familiarity with national driving rules and regulations
- Knowledgeable in vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The Project Driver is expected to provide the following:
- Application letter addressed to the Managing Director
- High School Certificate from recognized school
- Formal driving permit
- Personal Identity Card (ID)
- 2 colour passport photos
- Valid Criminal Record
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 reference persons and their contacts;
- Reference list of at least 3 positions held and contact details of the employers
Method of ApplicationThe interested applicants shall submit their application files by email at [email protected] not later than 11th February 2022, at 5:00 pm.
6. CONTRACT PERIOD
The estimated total time of service is 12 months, renewable upon performance evaluation and availability of works.
Done at Kigali, January 28, 2022