Project Coordinator ( Starfrica Project) at University of Rwanda
- Company: University of Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
The University of Rwanda is a Public Institution of Higher Learning committed to support the development of the country through the generation and advancement of knowledge and innovation among other core activities. The University Rwanda in collaboration with the Institute for Scientific Entrepreneurship and International Transfer at the University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany is implementing StArfrica, a Pilot Project for the construction of a continental bridge for the promotion of scientific start-ups between Germany and Africa using the example of Rwanda.
The objective of this bridgehead in Rwanda is to promote business start-ups from the field of science together with the University of Rwanda with a broader mission of increasing the attractiveness of Germany for African start-ups as well as to sensitize and facilitate the market entry of German start-ups and companies in Africa.
To ensure optimal functioning of StArfrica Project, the University of Rwanda through its Single Project Implementation Unit (UR-SPIU) calls for qualified and motivated candidate to submit their applications to the following position :
1.Project Coordinator (1 Position)
Main duties and responsibilities
Report to : Project Lead on site.
Location : Kigali
a) Manage and support the implementation of the project at the University of Rwanda including implementing incubation programs that will support and push business ideas by young Rwandans in the field of science.
b) Monitor and evaluate implementation of activities, ensuring targets and timelines
are met, work is documented, and regular reports are prepared.
c) Coordinate and collaborate with Rwandan as well as international partners to leverage collaborations and support to the StArfrica project.
d) Manage development and dissemination of educational materials, knowledge products and training tools for the incubator.
e) Planning, coordinating and executing events and trainings in and outside of Kigali.
f) Coordinate communications and outreach to higher education and entrepreneurial networks and other topic-related organizations, including through newsletters, digital content, and other communications content.
g) Support outreach and engagement with global and national media and oversee external communications on social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter).
h) Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the project.
Required qualification and skills
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in the areas of Management, Business, Economics, Political science, Social studies, STEM or another related field with at least 7 years of work experience ;
• Having managed international or intercultural projects (preferably in a leading position) in the education sector is a must ;
• Being an entrepreneurial, having at least 2+ years of experience running or setting up a project in Rwanda, such as your own start-up/company/NGO is an added value.
• Teaching experience or having worked as a mentor in the field of entrepreneurship is a plus.
• Strong understanding of how a business operates with experience in operations,
consulting, strategy, or a similar area.
• Have extensive experience in building partnerships within the Rwandan higher education as well as start-up scene and have an excellent network of connections in these fields.
• Brings a positive mindset and attitude that continuously pushes the StArfrica project to accomplish its mission.
• Can act independently and think critically, and have an ability to work in a dynamic flat organization with little daily guidance.
• Understand what it means to work with tight deadlines and high demands for internal communication and innovation.
• Have exceptional presentation skills.
• Written and oral fluency in English and Kinyarwanda.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th February, 2021.