Programme Manager at Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
POST TITLE Programme Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS Friday 31st January 2020
DUTY STATION Kigali, Rwanda
LENGTH OF CONTRACT Open-ended
START DATE As soon as possible
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE 15 April 2020
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labor movement’s humanitarian solidarity organization. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights, and democracy.
Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organizations and citizens to participate in and impact the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning and governance. While strengthening their own internal management systems including financial, monitoring systems and their advocacy and research capacities, NPA civil society partners support citizens to raise and express their opinions and interests with decision-makers, to seek accountability and to advocate that local government planning and decision making is influenced by those citizen concerns. The same partners also support citizens’ access to justice and reporting of corruption. Civil society partners work at a national level too to use research, media engagement, and advocacy to influence debates and generate dialogue between citizens, CSOs and decision-makers.
NPA is currently seeking a Programme Manager. The Programme Manager is a member of the senior management team of NPA Rwanda, working in collaboration with the Country Director and the Administration and Finance Managers, and leading the programme team. The Programme Manager will be responsible for finalizing and delivering the NPA programme strategy for the period 2020 – 2024 that will build on the foundation and the many lessons of recent years.
Summary of the Position:
- The leadership of programme strategy development and implementation, including design, planning, implementation, monitoring, reflection and learning and reporting of the NPA Programme
- A focal person in the senior management team for context analysis as it relates to the work of NPA and partners in Civil Society
- Responsible to ensure that programme monitoring is adequate to track results and is actively used to inform learning and adaptive management.
- Development of fundraising documents, including concept notes, proposals and budgets, in collaboration with the CD and FM
- Active external networking and relationship building with partners, government, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the work of NPA, in collaboration with the CD
- Compilation of reports that capture programme achievements, analysis, and learning
- Development and strengthening of partnership with civil society organizations and networks, in line with NPA values, objectives and partnership policy
- Lead the team on regular critical dialogue and reflection with partners, periodic assessment, support for coalition building and networking among partners, and support for capacity building of partners
- Budget management responsibility for the programme, in collaboration with the Finance Manager
- Leadership and management of programme personnel
- Responsible for good collaboration and communication by the programme team with finance and administration colleagues
- Active contribution to the overall monitoring and internal controls of NPA operations by the Senior Management Team
This is a summary of the position. More details are available in the full job description
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit an application letter detailing why they are interested in the position and an updated CV including contact telephone number, education qualifications and contact details of two professional references to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Tel: +250 252 580530
By email to [email protected] or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
This is local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.