Procurement Manager at Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd
- Company: Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Rwanda
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd
Recruitment of Procurement Manager
Vacancy title: Procurement Manager
Jobs at: Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd
Reporting to: Chief Finance officer (CFO).
Deadline of this Job: 4th December, 2023
Duty Station: Kigali/Nyagatare
1. Company profile & overview
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd is a fruit of joint venture Company established between the Government of Rwanda through its Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (Majority shareholder) with Netafim Ltd, an Israeli company that offers global leadership in the agriculture manufacturing industry. Both parties signed a Joint Venture-JV and Engineering Procurement and Construction-EPC agreements on February, 23rd 2019 to initiate Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Project Phase I (5600/15600 Ha). The project shall cover Karangazi and Rwimiyaga sector, of Nyagatare district. Phase II of the project is expected to extend to both north and south parts of phase I reaching to Gatsibo District.
We are seeking to recruit a competent candidate to fill the position of procurement officer whose responsible will be managing the company’s procurement activities, including sourcing, purchasing, and contract negotiations. This role requires a strong understanding of supply chain management, excellent negotiation skills, and the ability to ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services. The ideal candidate will contribute to the company’s overall efficiency and profitability by implementing effective procurement strategies and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
2. Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to meet the company’s purchasing needs and objectives.
- Source, select, and negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best quality, pricing, and terms for goods and services required by the company.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, including delivery timeliness, product quality, and compliance with contractual agreements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of procurement activities, including purchase orders, contracts, and pricing information.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify procurement needs, specifications, and budget requirements for various projects and operations.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify new suppliers, products, and cost-saving opportunities while ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and relevant regulatory requirements during the procurement process.
- Manage and resolve any procurement-related issues or disputes that may arise with suppliers or internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers, fostering a collaborative and mutually beneficial working environment.
- Provide regular reports and updates on procurement activities, including budget tracking, cost analysis, and savings initiatives.
3. Qualifications requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience of 4 years working in procurement, sourcing, or supply chain management, preferably in the agricultural or agribusiness sector.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices, contract management, and supplier relationship management.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools to streamline the procurement process and improve efficiency.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail to evaluate supplier options and make well-informed procurement decisions.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple procurement projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements and compliance standards related to procurement activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address procurement challenges proactively and efficiently.
- Commitment to upholding ethical standards and promoting sustainable and responsible procurement practices.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, diplomas, testimonials with names of three job references, and a copy of national identification card to [email protected] and cc [email protected] and, not later than 4th December, 2023 before 5 pm.
Chief Executive Officer
Gabiro Agribusness Hub Ltd