Payables Accountant at Old Mutual Insurance Rwanda
- Company: Old Mutual Insurance Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Old Mutual Insurance Rwanda (former UAP Insurance Rwanda) is a subsidiary of UAP Old Mutual Group, member of Old Mutual Limited, an Integrated financial service provider comprising Insurance, Banking, and Investment Business. Old Mutual insurance Rwanda vision is being the Rwandan’s revolutionary financial services company with a commitment to enhance the quality of life by delivering peace of mind and financial freedom.
Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a premium African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries. Our primary operations are in South Africa and the Rest of Africa, and we have niche businesses in Asia. We have 12 million customers and 30,000 employees and with over 175 years of heritage across sub-Saharan Africa, we are a crucial part of the communities we serve and broader society on the continent. The business is listed on the Johannesburg, London, Zimbabwean, Malawian and Namibian stock exchanges. The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings (www.uapoldmutual.com) as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank (www.faulukenya.com) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Rwanda. The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. It therefore wishes to fill the below vacant position with qualified, experienced, and talented individual to strengthen its portfolio as a Pan – African Financial Services Group. The positions’ details are further outlined below;
Payables Accountant –1 Post
Manager of self
Responsible to ensure all suppliers invoices and customer refunds are well recorded and payments are made on time and also ensure up to date supplier statements reconciliations.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure monthly and quarterly suppliers balance confirmations are done and analysis on the variances with company’s records.
- Verify vendor accounts, pay vendors, and resolve purchase order, invoice or payment discrepancies.
- Overseeing petty cash accounts and recording all outgoings.
- Own weekly payment proposal to treasury unit for the weekly cash flow projections
- Keep and maintain proper documentation relating to payments for record-keeping.
- Work closely with tax accountant on ensuring all taxes related to invoices are well recorded.
- Maintain an up-to-date supplier’s file to track payments made.
- Oversee customer refunds and related analysis.
- Assist in monthly expenses report and commentary on significant movements,
- Review purchase orders and invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment
- Adhere to internal controls and not only limited to suppliers’ payments.
- Monthly Accruals and Prepayment posting and assist in end-month closing activities.
- Assist the Treasury Unit in performing monthly bank reconciliations on assigned tasks;
- Support in monthly Balance sheet substantiation
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by my line manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field.
- 3+ years’ work experience
- CPA qualified is an added advantage.
Skills and competencies
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to deliver results when objectives are set
- Excellent relationship management skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Task and time management proficiency
- Good communications skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th December, 2023.