Network & System Administrator at Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd
- Company: Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Job advertisement for vacant positions in Rwanda Medical Supply Limited (RMS Ltd)
RMS Ltd is a State-owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with the mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain for Rwanda. RMS Ltd provides pharmaceuticals and health commodities towards 5 rights: the right patient, the right drug/dose, the right cost, the right route, and the right time. The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future need and manage increasing complexity, RMS Ltd is looking for qualified, dedicated & experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
RMS Ltd is looking for qualified and dedicated personnel to fill the following position:
– Network & System Administrator – Re – advertised (1)
Duties and responsibilities.
- Plan, provision, configure and test the core infrastructure (servers), operating systems, RMS domain, and associated hardware and software.
- Provide Level 1st and 2nd level support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Perform network maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Conduct network upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery (DR) and BCP (Business Continuity Plans) network components are in place and tested regularly
- Provide services and technical assistance between RMS and Internet service providers
- Identify vulnerabilities and anomalies and develop new configurations to optimize network performance and security
- Monitor server performance and perform checks to ensure it behaves as expected
- Monitor incident logs and resolve them within SLA deadlines or forward them to the supervisor.
- Ensure governance, control, and risk management in systems administration processes.
- Depending on specific operational needs, take responsibility for the network and infrastructure components of specific projects.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to understand their current and future business needs and manage outsourced partners in accordance with SLA requirements.
- understand software defined Architecture with hyper converged Infrastructure
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electro Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant field with minimum with at least one year of working experience and having Certification in A+, N+, Linux+ and MCITP or MCSE, MCSA, CCNA and server administration is an added advantage
- 28 Years maximum Age
Knowledge and technical skills required:
- Knowledge of critical components of an Enterprise Resource Planning Software and System Interoperability requirements
- Understand end to end MIS technology components that are inherent in advanced MIS systems and explore how these may be relevant in different supply
- understanding of data analytics and Visualization principles and tools
- Wide knowledge of operating systems administrations such as windows, Mac, and Linux, and general purpose scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, and Perl, which are the most popular for enterprise-grade networks
- Familiar with different types of networks and architectures (including WAN, LAN, WLAN, DNS, Firewalls, Network Security, MPLS, VoIP) and how they can be integrated into an existing system.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and Object Relational Mapping
- Experience with release processes and version control
- Knowledge of general-purpose scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, and Perl, which are the most popular for enterprise-grade networks
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with others under pressure and solve problems
- Strong attention to details.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their application documents (in one PDF document) including application letter, Curriculum Vitae, copy of ID, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephones.
All applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd through the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline for application: Wednesday, 05/04/2023 at 5:00 pm.
- Only applications sent via the above e-mail shall be considered;
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted;
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.