Monitoring Assistant at World Food Programme
Welcome to JobWebRwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Food Programme
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Rwanda
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is open in WFP Rwanda, Huye Field Office and the job holder will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office. At this level, the job holder will be expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only minimal guidance.
To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Field Office, the incombet shall perform the following duties:
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
- Allocate tasks to other staff, providing guidance and on-the-job training to support their development and high performance.
- Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Completion of University degree in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language (English or French). The knowledge of both is an added value. Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
• Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
• Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of programme issues and statistical information, and to maintain accurate and precise records.
- Ability to communicate in a team with people from different nationalities, cultural and ethic backgrounds, ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
- Experience in handling sensitive issues with discretion.
- Good analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions and to prepare written reports in timely manner.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Eligibility: This position is open to Rwandan nationals and any candidate who possesses valid permit to live and work in Rwanda.
Duration of Post: 1 year renewable, subject to successful performance and availability of funds.
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC), Level 5