Manager at Karisimbi Business Partners (KBP)
- Company: Karisimbi Business Partners (KBP)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Open Position: Manager
To build the private sector, empower leaders, and inspire excellence
…one business at a time
To connect great people to meaningful projects that guide strategic decisions
Karisimbi Business Partners is a socially motivated management consulting firm helping business leaders make strategic decisions. For over a decade, across 150 engagements covering every sector of the economy, we have added value and trusted advice to address the business challenges and opportunities in Rwanda and the region. Karisimbi Partners brings an owner’s mindset and a desire to make a difference to every intervention assuring tangible impact well beyond consulting deliverables. Perhaps you should consider doing the same…
The successful candidate will join our growing team of locals and expatriates and will work with multiple clients in both the private and public sectors. This role will answer directly to the Director of Karisimbi Partners. The successful candidate will offer:
- Lead a team successfully and own project plan and execution
- Expert ability to craft financial forecast and projections
- Capacity to author client deliverables with attention to detail
- Work autonomously, but also have demonstrated capability to manage a team
- Identify problems and frame solutions for various projects and client engagements
- Lead research and analysis and design the project framework
- Interface confidently and tactfully with clients
- Understand the functional business disciplines of strategy, operations, financial modeling, managing processes, people, and ICT
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5+ years of success in senior management roles attributing to business engagement, timely delivery to the client, and project management for small/medium/large, complex, and strategic customers.
- Strong experience in Project Management and financial modeling is required
- Experience with consulting, small start-ups, or an operating company is a significant advantage
- Understanding business needs and challenges across operations, finance, and marketing is important, especially in rapidly evolving, information-sparse business environments
- Excellent relationship-building skills at all levels
- Ability to communicate with varying audiences in the public and private sectors
- Ability to write concisely, displaying a natural ability to identify key questions, assumptions, and challenges across different industries and businesses
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and skills with other commonly used productivity tools is expected
Education and Language:
Master’s degree in finance or a related field from a top-tier school. Certifications in finance or financial planning are highly desirable. Fluency and advanced speaking and writing in English language is required. The ideal candidate will also have advanced Kinyarwanda, French, or other East African languages.
The candidate will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will collaborate with partners and associates based in different locations in the region as well as around the globe (e.g. US, Europe). Limited travel within the region and outside the continent will be required for the purposes of business development and project delivery.
A Manager with Karisimbi Business Partners would need to make at least a three-year commitment to the position. This would not be a contractual obligation but would need to be an explicitly communicated intention of the candidate. A critical deciding factor for a Manager to join KBP will be his or her sharing the vision, mission, and values of Karisimbi Partners. Additionally, it will be important to establish compatibility and a strong working relationship with the team already in place.
Compensation will be commensurate to the candidates experience and in line with market rates for similar work and positions. Karisimbi Business Partners offers an opportunity for the employees and Partners to share in company profits.