Legal Advisor And Company Secretary at Dicel Security Company Ltd
- Company: Dicel Security Company Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Rwanda
Dicel Security Company Ltd
KK 467 Street, P.O. Box 4688
Kicukiro District , Kagarama Setor, Kanserege Cell, Bwiza Village
Position : Legal Advisor and Company Secretary
Location : Kigali, Rwanda
Position Grade : NA
Position Number : NA
Posting Date : 23rd August 2023
Closing Date :1st September 2023
The Legal Advisor and Company Secretary mainly manages company’ staff, clients, and suppliers/service providers contracts, providing legal opinions to potential litigations cases by ensuring prompt business growth in respect of laws, internal police & procedures manuals, not limited to.
The specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide legal advice/opinions to Management & Board and ensure that they comply with Articles of Association, laws and regulations;
- Review and manage Clients, staff employment, and suppliers/services providers contracts, or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal risks implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention;
- Assist management in the compilation of Board papers and filter them to ensure compliance with corporate governance; Risk management & Internal control management,
- Assist the Board in the implementation of corporate strategies by ensuring that the Board’s decisions and instructions are properly communicated and implemented,
- Formulate meeting agenda with the Chairman and/ the Managing Director,
- Ensure Board committees are properly constituted and have clear terms of reference,
- Ensure the Annual General Meeting is held in accordance with the requirements of Company act and Shareholders agreement,
- Prepare management meeting report and follow up implementation of meetings resolutions,
- Advise Sales committee (Sales & recovery) on doubtful Clients and bad debtors before approval of contract terminal notices;
- Draft Client contract termination notices in collaboration with Sales & marketing Manager,
- Access and provide legal opinions to the management on staff disciplinary measures to be taken, employment contract termination, and terminal benefits,
- Review complaints prepared by Campany’s Lawyers before sending them to the court,
- Review progress of Campany’s litigation and working with external lawyers,
- Follow fraud cases to the Police/RIB,
- Ensure the safe custody and validity of the Campany’s security instruments,
- Maintain a register of Security instruments;
- Prepare, and review company Legal Policy & procedures manuals,
- Liaise with regulator and association of security companies in Rwanda to ensure all regulatory laws are complied, etc.
Reports directly to the General Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in law. Having IRPD Certificate will constitute adding value.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in areas relevant to the assignment;
- Proven analytical capabilities and skills to deal with litigation management issues, especially in advising applicants and recipients on the design and implementation of acceptable legal risk mitigation systems;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize own work program and ability to deliver assignments in a timely and efficient manner;
- Very good interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working good relations in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Successful performance of the work requires good knowledge and experience of National and International laws.
- Strong communication skills are required and must possess strong work ethics, solutions oriented and team work attitude
- High computer skills (MS Office package), etc.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application through [email protected] and copy to asifa@ dicel.co.rw including a cover letter and curriculum vitae. In your cover letter, you are welcome to explain any parts of your professional, academic, or personal life experience that truly motivate you to pursue this job.