Kenya Digital Lead at One Acre Fund
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Rwanda - One Acre Fund Jobs in Rwanda
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The goal of the Tupande Online business unit is to give farmers integrated access to all One Acre Fund products, good agricultural practice and agronomic recommendations, credit services and access to markets via our mobile app. We believe this will double the number of clients One Acre Fund serves, increase impact, and improve sustainability. We aim to achieve this by leveraging technology to better serve our clients.
We are looking for a Digital Lead who will lead in the day-to-day management and implementation of various growth strategies within the Online business unit. You will play a pivotal and exciting role in evolving and implementing our strategy in this area, and building and executing data-driven strategies and processes that improve the overall quality of One Acre Fund’s customer experience through the Tupande mobile app. You will also drive analysis on important strategic decisions and inform key business unit initiatives, including understanding the key levers to improve the customer experience and sentiment, and internal operations. This is a high-growth potential role as we aim to accelerate the access of One Acre Fund services to customers across the country, through technology. You will report to the Senior Manager, Digital Strategy.
- You will play a vital role in the development, planning and implementation of the Tupande Online growth strategy and use data to drive continuous improvements and iterations.
- You will drive the data strategy, act on the insights and evaluate the effectiveness of the data to support the evolution of the operational, Tupande app, and sales and marketing strategy.
- You’ll be in charge of driving and improving strategy around customer acquisition & retention and the brand of our Online business unit by leading market research work to identify industry, customer & competitor trends.
- You will manage complex projects aimed at improving customer experience and business unit sustainability.
- You will coordinate across multiple teams and articulate the business unit’s vision and expectations to multiple stakeholders to ensure smooth operations and achieve the desired outcome.
- You will directly manage 1-3 direct reports and invest in their professional growth.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a leading role handling customer-facing channels, managing complex projects and coordinating across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated success in setting and advancing business/ project strategies, including the ability to drive improvements and adoption of those strategies in response to an evolving situation.
- Project management skills, including the ability to gather and use relevant data to support key decisions or judgments to drive desired outcomes. Familiarity with research methods such as human-centred design is a plus.
- Experience in data analysis to assess key outcomes and make data-driven recommendations.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning, feedback, and improvement.
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people; and that support space and voice for all diverse perspectives in our workplace.
- Experience mentoring and supporting others to achieve their professional goals.
- Commitment to building an inclusive and diverse team culture.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- English is required; Kiswahili is preferred.
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
15 February 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE