IT Officer at Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR)
- Company: Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Rwanda
Position: IT Officer.
Duty Station: Gashora ETM
Job type: Full time
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension.
Number of Position.1
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR) is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with the government of Rwanda and its relevant agencies, local and international organisations as well as UN agencies to foster interventions that support psycho-social healing, peace building and reconciliation, restorative justice, crime prevention, human rights promotion and legal aid, intervening in emergencies as well as nurturing socio-economic empowerment in Rwanda in the wake of the 1994 genocide against Tutsi and its aftermath. Prison Fellowship Rwanda was founded on 01/07/1995, affiliated to the Prison Fellowship International in 1997. It was officially registered and recognized by the ministerial order no 037/17, of 23/10/2002, by the Ministry of Justice as a non- profit organization, published in the official gazette of the Republic of Rwanda in 2002.
Prison Fellowship Rwanda in partnership with UNHCR and the Ministry in Charge of Emergency Management (MINEMA) is ensuring access to justice and respect of human rights is strengthened by providing legal assistance, legal education, civil registration and documentation to refugees living in different Camps.
Currently, Prison Fellowship Rwanda is looking for qualified and highly motivated candidates of high moral character and professional integrity to fulfil the position of IT officer based in above mentioned location.
II. Key Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of Camp team leader, IT officer is responsible to undertake the following specific tasks:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues;
- Integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems used by PFR in the camp.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Integrate and configure computer networking for best performance;
- Troubleshoot and repair of hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks;
- Identify security gaps and provide relevant solutions in consultation with the camp team leader.
- Ensure that the internet system within the area of operation is under good speed.
- Ensure that the television in the camp operates well all time.
- Set up and monitor sound system within the camp and ensure that it is under good sound balance.
- Test and evaluate all new technology including database systems, outlooks, etc.;
- In collaboration with ICT Partner, he/she should develop participatory strategies and tools for monitoring and evaluating the project;
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment;
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise the staff on improvements required;
- Help to install and support of all ICT hardware and software;
- Any other duty as delegated by the site management.
IV. Relevant Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering
- 2-3 years of experience working ICT related area.
Method of Application
To apply, please send the following by e-mail to [email protected] attaching the following:
- Degree and ID;
- Application Letter
- CV (maximum 3 pages);
- Two recommendations of previous relevant work;
- A signed and stamped recommendation from a recognized place of your worship (church);
- All documents should be one PDF document.
Please include ‘’ IT Officer’’ in the subject line of the application e-mail. Due to the large number of applications, Prison Fellowship Rwanda will only be able to respond to short-listed candidates. The application deadline is on 30th/ 12/ 2022.
The application can be addressed to the Executive Director of Prison Fellowship Rwanda. For more information about Prison Fellowship Rwanda, consult: www.pfrwanda.com
Prison Fellowship Rwanda has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse of beneficiaries. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, at all times (both during work hours and outside work hours). Familiarization with, and adherence to, the Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all staff, in addition to related mandatory training. All staff must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE