Internship Opportunity at Unlock Impact Ltd
- Company: Unlock Impact Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Rwanda
FULL-TIME INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION
Company: Unlock Impact Ltd.
Reports to: Program Manager
Timeframe: ASAP (August 2020) until December 2020
Hours/week: 45 hours/week, work hours are flexible
Stipend: Gross RWF 100,000 per month
Other Benefits: Communication and transport as required
Application Deadline: 09th August, 2020
Who We Are
Unlock Impact is a new company in Rwanda that believes that the key to Africa’s development is its people. The youth of Africa hold extraordinary potential to transform their economies, and it is our mission to unlock that potential by building the managerial skills that catalyze impact and drive progress.
The continent is full of brilliant entrepreneurs with game-changing organizations, and also has a generation of passionate youth who are hungry to solve their country’s most pressing problems. However, there is a “missing middle”: the seasoned, reflective, and caring managers that will coach and develop young talent to meaningfully contribute to these organizations. The lack of managerial soft skills leads to either expatriate hires, huge gaps in pay between seasoned managers and entry-level teammates, and high turnover due to a tight labor market that can be devastating for small companies.
We have developed a year-long internal fellowship for organizations that want to turbocharge their young stars to management positions, unlocking potential at an accelerated rate. Think of it as the best parts of a leadership fellowship and a top executive education program. Our professional development curriculum is also synergistic with company priorities.
We have a vision of a continent full of seasoned, reflective, and caring middle managers who will build the companies that will build Africa’s economy. We welcome you to share and work towards this vision with us.
You will support the program manager in Rwanda in the day-to-day operations of the program. It is an excellent learning opportunity for someone interested in project management and stakeholder management. This role will also have the opportunity to participate in the professional development activities of the program.
- Coordinating online events and sessions as necessary
- Supporting session facilitation
- Coordinating and communicating with stakeholders to ensure sessions timely happens
- Taking accurate meetings notes as necessary
- Creating participation polls as necessary
- Migrate data from our Learning Managing System (LMS) to our Fellows database
- Communications data logging
- Session attendance data logging
- Fellow submissions data logging
- Support with creating Fellow progress reports
- Use our existing templates to create appropriate communications to different stakeholders
- Upload learning content on Google Classroom
- Create learning support documents such as forms, worksheets, slide decks, etc
- Ensure all our collaterals are aligned with our branding guidelines
- Strong writing skills
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Positive attitude
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to perform well under limited supervision
- Experience working with teams
- Proficient with Google tools such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google forms, Google Slides
- Proficient with project management or task management tools such as Asana
- Eagerness to learn and grow professionally
Method of Application
Any educational background as long as they are available and fulfill the above-listed requirements.
Send your resume and cover letter using this form.
|Applications||28th July – 9th August|
|Final Selection||Week of 10th August|
|Onboarding (Internship start)||Week of 17th August|
Should you have any questions about the position or application process, reach out to us via email ([email protected])