Internal Security Officer (ISO) at Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri)
- Company: Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Ruhengeri Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Rwanda
Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) is calling for applications for the following vacant position:
POSITION 2: INTERNAL SECURITY OFFICER (ISO)
- Available position: One (1)
- Supervising Organ: The Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Administration and Finance of INES-Ruhengeri
- Duration: Two (2) years renewable upon the performance
Key roles and responsibilities
- Ensuring security for international staff and students working closely with the Office of International Affairs;
- Ensuring student’s safety and the safety of their property, especially in INES-Ruhengeri’s hostels and, in houses rented by INES-Ruhengeri’s students in the surroundings;
- Examining doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; using the Institute keys to open and close buildings; monitoring closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities;
- Gathering information, conducting the investigation, and reporting to competent organs and/or authorities about cases of indiscipline and misbehavior involving the INES-Ruhengeri community;
- Gathering timely and proper information on securities issues involving the INES-Ruhengeri community e., staff and students;
- Informing and warning violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergencies; contacting emergency responders, such as police, firefighters, and/or ambulance personnel, as required;
- Monitoring the effective implementation of MoUs or agreements between INES-Ruhengeri and security companies;
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned, and producing regular reports related to his/her work;
- Performing periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required;
- Proposing and advising on strategies and their implementation measures to ensure maintainable security within the campus and its surroundings (security checks, patrols in and around the campus, );
- Providing escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty, as necessary; providing other public assistance, such as lockout services, jump-starts, and routine information;
- Providing safe and efficient transportation to INES-Ruhengeri employees and/or visitors, as requested, using an institutional vehicle, when necessary;
- Remaining alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate, and confronting and/or detaining violators, as required, until police arrive; and
- Working closely with the ICT Department in monitoring the CCTV camera, and visitors’ books;
- Working closely with local administrative authorities (villages, cells, sectors, RNP, ), in matters related to security issues involving the INES-Ruhengeri community, day and night and;
- Participating in community services activities.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in any scientific discipline;
- Having served in the security organs as senior staff with good records and achievements is an advantage; and
- Displaying and providing unblemished criminal records.
Skills and Competences
- Ability to establish effective relationships with staff and students; ability to complete routine paperwork, and to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
- Fluency in both English and French;
- Having moderate physical activity requiring handling average-weight objects and standing or walking for extended periods;
- Knowledge of public security codes, laws, policies, and regulations;
- Outstanding communication skills; reflective and critical thinking approach, strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation;
- Proven experience in leadership, and team management;
- Readiness to work in environments involving moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises; and
- Readiness to work in environments involving some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Note: Local and international candidates are welcome, with priority for females.
Method of Application
Detailed Curriculum Vitae with proof of required working experience, certified copies of the degrees, a copy of national identity card or passport, certificates, and any other useful documents with an Application Letter addressed to the Vice-Chancellor of INES-Ruhengeri should be submitted electronically, in one (1) single pdf file via [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] or physically via the Central Secretariat of INES-Ruhengeri not later than October 12, 2022, at 00:00 AM. From October 17, 2022, candidates will be able to visit the institution's website (www.ines.ac.rw) to find out which candidates have been selected for the interview or practical exams.
Done at Musanze, on September 12, 2022.
Fr. Dr. BARIBESHYA Jean Bosco