Internal Auditor at BRAC
- Company: BRAC
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment, and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from the National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic, and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular positions.
6. Position: Internal Auditor
Job location: BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PCL Country Office
Salary Range: Negotiable
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist Head of Internal Audit to conduct internal audit of BRAC Rwanda Programmes as per Annual Internal Audit Plan, Types of internal audits (not limited to) are:
- Annual Audit
- Departmental Process Audit
- Financial Statements Audit
- Legal and donor compliance Audit
- Continuous Audit
- Special Audit
- Risk Based Audit through field visit to different locations in Rwanda
- Physical Verification of Inventory
- Surprise Audit
- Preparation of summary report on Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ)
- Compliance of the Organization Policy/Procedure.
- Preparation of Audit report and submit to Head of Internal Audit/CEO (as per requirement)
- To face review on Draft Audit Report and working file with Head of Internal Audit
- To compare and finalize Draft Audit Report after review
- To comply with reporting structure and filing properly with adequate evidences.
Knowledge, Skill & Competence
- Proven knowledge of internal auditing standards and procedures, country laws, rules, and regulations
- Self-motivated, determined, and confidence.
- Self-Driven, flexible, resilient, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English is required (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Accounting software/ERP
- Familiarity and experience with microfinance is strongly preferred
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Educational Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/CIA/ACCA (Part Qualified) will be given preference.
Experience: Minimum one year of experience in any reputed Audit Firm or two years of working experiences in internal audit department of any financial institution/ Company.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Method of Application
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, an updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: [email protected],
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 27th October, 2021