Intern For Supporting Decentralisation As A Contribution To Good Governance at Giz Rwanda
- Company: Giz Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Supporting Decentralisation as a Contribution to Good Governance
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The Decentralization and Good Governance (DGG) programme is jointly implemented by GIZ and its Rwandan partners, including the Ministry of Local Government, the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning as well as several civil society organizations (CSOs).
At the core of DGG programme is the support to partners in improving the districts’ ability to effectively, efficiently and transparently deliver public services to its 13.5 million (est. 2022) Rwandan citizens. This is achieved, on one hand, through technical advice on roles and responsibilities. On the other hand, capacity building of both district authorities and CSOs aims to strengthen their ability to fulfill their responsibilities in a participatory manner. Critical to the advancement of the decentralization effort is also the ability of districts to generate and effectively manage their limited financial resources.
The specific fields of intervention for the programme are:
- Local Planning & Service Delivery
- Fiscal Decentralization and Local Public financial management (PFM)
- Citizen participation & accountability
The programme “Supporting Decentralisation as a Contribution to Good Governance” is searching candidates for the position of intern with focus on Citizen Participation, Local Public Service Delivery and PFM.
Ongoing or recently (within the last 12 months) completed university studies in Political Science,
Social Sciences, Public Administration, Public Financial Management or comparable fields of study
- Rwandan national
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- First experience in working with / for civil society organizations or development partners
- First experience in working in the fields of PFM and/or citizen participation and/or local public service delivery
- First experience in Monitoring & Evaluation (e.g., design of impact frameworks / impact matrix; Design of M&E systems in projects; data collection, management, and analysis)
- First experience in Communication (drafting press releases, producing brochures etc.)
- Very good management, and organizational skills. You are team-oriented and at the same time convince with an independent, structured way of working
- Very good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office, especially MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word, etc.)
- Business fluent in English; knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French is an asset
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Fixed Term: 3 months with a potential extension
The intern performs the following responsibilities and tasks:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
You will support the project management’s daily business. During your internship you will get an insight into GIZ’s project work in the field of governance, participate in meetings and discussions, plan, prepare and document them. Furthermore, you will support some of the cross-cutting topics in the project, including monitoring, communication, gender mainstreaming and do no harm. Your tasks will include:
- Support of work packages across all intervention areas in the decentralization project () incl. assistance in the implementation of project activities as well as technical advice
- Support of information and knowledge management, communication and public relations. Identify opportunities to promote visibility of the project and communicate them to and discuss them with the Communications Officer.
- Support of quality assurance of the M&E system
- Research and processing of current topics for the preparation of expert reports, statements, briefings, presentations, etc.
- Support in the organization of meetings and knowledge management in relation to their outputs
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) until 7th July, 2022 at 00:00 AM by e-mail to [email protected] All attachments should be put together in one PDF file not larger than 2 MB. Please quote the job title in the subject.
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application. Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ reserves all rights!