Infrastructure Manager at Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd
- Company: Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Rwanda
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd
Recruitment of Infrastructure Manager
Vacancy title: Infrastructure Manager
Jobs at: Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd
Reporting to: Chief Executive officer (CEO).
Deadline of this Job: 4th December 2023
Duty Station: Nyagatare
1. Company profile & overview
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Ltd is a fruit of joint venture Company established between the Government of Rwanda through its Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (Majority shareholder) with Netafim Ltd, an Israeli company that offers global leadership in the agriculture manufacturing industry. Both parties signed a Joint Venture-JV and Engineering Procurement and Construction-EPC agreements on February, 23rd 2019 to initiate Gabiro Agribusiness Hub Project Phase I (5600/15600 Ha). The project shall cover Karangazi and Rwimiyaga sector, of Nyagatare district. Phase II of the project is expected to extend to both north and south parts of phase I reachingto Gatsibo District.
We are seeking to recruit a competent candidate to fill the position of Infrastructure Manager whose responsibility will be to Lead and manage the irrigation infrastructure management and maintenance service works by mobilizing different discipline experts and technicians and ensure the successful and efficient functioning of the irrigation system.
2. Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the infrastructure management and maintenance services of the farm and coordinate his staffs for successful operation of the farm.
- Coordinate the irrigation system operation and maintenance team and follow up by coordinating farm team.
- Lead and Control all the irrigation system operation and manage functioning of water supply system.
- Control and ensure the supply of irrigation water as per the irrigation water requirements and irrigation schedule for all parts of the farm.
- Lead and ensure the application of exact amount of water required by the crops with the right irrigation time.
- Shall control and ensure the safe opening and closing of valves at the head of the system.
- Lead and Control the execution of priming the pumps, filling the pipes, adjusting the speed and lubricating the pumping equipment for efficient functioning of the system.
- Lead and coordinate frequent observations and checks to be made during irrigation season to ensure the proper functioning and good performance of the system.
- Lead and control the operating pressures during operation at various points on the pipe network and ensure any variations to the design is immediately investigated and addressed.
- Lead and coordinate the checking process for the required flow rates, discharges, uniformity of application and depth of wetting inside the farm.
- Leads controls and ensures the implementation of preventive maintenance of the pumping system during the irrigation season by the help of equipment manuals and trouble-shooting ways.
- Shall always lead the implementation of check and repair any leakage in piping or through valves. Replace or rehabilitate clogged emitters.
- Shall coordinate and check flushing of the system to prevent sedimentation on the pipe walls.
- Shall coordinate and confirm cleaning of filter of the system thoroughly as per the requirement of the manufacturer’s manual. Also shall control the checking of minimum difference in pressure between the inlet and the outlet of the main filter.
- Lead and follow the frequent checking of the air and check valves for proper functioning. Also shall follow the proper inspection of plastic equipment, valves and devices for cracks and other physical damage.
- Shall supervise and control the flushing of fertilizer injectors (pump and tank) and inspection of hoses and valves according to the procedures outlined in the manufacturer’s manual.
- Lead and coordinate the frequent patrolling of the system to ensure that it is in a good condition and operating efficiently.
- Lead and control the pump plant preventive maintenance by checking the noise, vibration, leakage, temperatures of bearing and windings, fuel and power consumption, capacity and output, water discharge and dynamic head, ventilation and screens clean where necessary, oil pressure, oil, lubrication, and other necessary parts associated with the pumping system.
- Lead and manage the periodic as well as forced maintenance by organizing the staffs and ensure correct procedure is followed for long-term operation.
- Lead and ensure the periodic servicing of pumping plants and the repair of special devices, like filters, injectors, etc is carried out right technicians.
- Shall ensure the schedule of maintenance is in line with the off –season shutdown and the use before the next season.
- Lead and control the periodic maintenance of system network and pump plant.
- Evaluate the performance of the staffs and shall prepare capacity building trainings as per the need.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of performance evaluation report for the irrigation system and indicate and act the gap for improvement.
- Coordinate and lead identification of bulk procurement for spare parts and service parts and ensure all the required parts are always in stock.
- Coordinate and lead appropriate derivation of cost estimates corresponding to annual operation and maintenance of the irrigation system.
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of annual budget for the operation and maintenance works and get approval on time.
- Coordinate and lead preparation of comprehensive but readily understandable presentations for the performance of the irrigation system for public information and stakeholder consultation and consensus-building purposes;
- Supervise and evaluate the preparation of costs for operation and maintenance of the system.
- Performs other duties assigned by the head quarter
3. Qualifications requirements:
MSC/BSC in Irrigation/Hydraulic Engineering or related field and worked 10+ years minimum experience in the operation of pressurized pipe irrigation system and related works
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, diplomas, testimonials with names of three job references, and a copy of national identification card to [email protected] and cc [email protected] and, not later than 4th December 2023 before 5 pm.
Chief Executive Officer
Gabiro Agribusness Hub Ltd