In charge of Energy Projects Liaison at Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
- Company: Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform
the public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the following positions:Key roles/responsibilities
• Participate in community mobilization to seek their cooperation before, during and after the expropriation exercise
• Alongside certified Valuers and social safeguards specialists, coordinate the asset valuation and expropriation exercise, specifically informing affected persons of the requirements and expectations to have complete files ready for compensation, ahead
of time and ensure that expropriation is done in a strict compliance with applicable laws, policies and regulations.
• Prepare and maintain a database of pending expropriation issues in their respective districts and regularly report this to EDCL.
• Together with local authorities and social safeguards, establish and implement Grievance Redress Mechanisms within their respective districts.
• Together with the Project Manager and Social safeguards/Environmentalist monitor, coordinate the implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
• Follow-up with respective district authorities (Cell, Sector and District) to ensure expropriation files are approved in time
• Serve as an interface between REG and the districts regarding data and statistics on households connected to electricity and related claims such as customers who made upfront payments for electricity.
• Coordinate the identification of beneficiaries for alternative energy solutions such as Solar home and mini grid systems, Biogas digesters, Improved Cookstoves, LPG and others in their respective districts.
• Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the installed alternative energy solutions in their respective districts.
• Coordinate awareness campaigns on off-grid electrification and other alternative energy programs within their respective districts
• Coordinate the solar water heater payment recovery in their respective districts.
• Coordinate the provision of after sales services for the installed alternative energy solutions
• Monitor and report on the field status of energy projects, together with the REG project managers and M&E team.
• Alert EDCL on any abandoned electrification/energy projects or electrification material in the area of operation
• Any other assignment given to him/her in relation to the mandate of Rwanda Energy group
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s a degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Management, Economics, Business Administration or any other related fields.
• He/She should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in community Mobilization, client relationship management, expropriation and any other relevant experience in respect to the position.
Other competencies & skills
The candidate for this position should have the following minimum core competences;
• Computer knowledge particularly excel and word.
• Being familiar with expropriation issues is an added advantage.
• Experience in data entry and data processing is an added advantage
• He/she should be proficient in spoken and written Kinyarwanda
• He/she should be a team player, with good interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
• To be able to work in any District anywhere in Rwanda
Method of Application
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted by email to [email protected] not later than 28/05/2020 latest 4:00 P.M.
1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
2. Your job application and its attachments MUST be scanned as one pdf document for easy download & analysis of applications
3. ONLY online applications will be received on the mentioned above email. No hardcopy applications will be received.
4. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates
For more details,please visit