Head of Health & Safety at Mastercard Foundation
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Rwanda
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you have passion for the youth and are ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Security, Facilities & Travel, the Head of Health & Safety is based at the Rwanda Country Office and is responsible for developing and implementing health and safety programs across the Foundation. This includes monitoring hazards and developing appropriate risk-based safety plans and procedures, conducting safety training for employees, creating a strong health and safety culture within the Foundation and developing appropriate emergency management plans for Foundation offices.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Health and Safety Management:
- Conduct hazard assessments to identify areas of potential risk.
- Formulate safety plans and procedures to prevent and mitigate safety incidents.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits.
- Develop a safety incident reporting procedure.
- Respond to safety complaints raised by employees or other stakeholders. These should be investigated, recorded and plans developed to miminize risk.
- Develop emergency response procedures for each Foundation office and event.
- Develop and maintain a network of safety contacts across the region to include government, commercial and non-profit organizations.
- Support the Head SF&T to conduct emergency and crisis management training.
- Act as the Health & Safety Representative for the Foundation Crisis Management Team.
- Develop and deliver safety-related training for Foundation employees including Health & Safety inductions and emergency response drills.
- Ensure all Foundation safety plans and procedures are compliant with the relevant legislation in each country.
- Monitor and ensure employees comply with Foundation safety policy and procedures.
- Maintain a database of internal safety-related incidents.
- Analyze incident data and ensure lessons learned are captured.
- Recommend changes to safety plans and procedures.
- Submit a Weekly Security Report to the Head SF&T.
The responsibilities and duties are reflective of the nature of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
WHO YOU ARE
- A relevant bachelor’s or post-graduate degree.
- A professional health and safety management certification e.g. NEBOSH International General Safety Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Proven experience as a Health and Safety Manager.
- Sound knowledge of data analysis and hazard assessments.
- Ability to produce safety plans, procedures and reports.
- Strong communication skills in English; written and spoken; ability to communicate in French is an asset.
- Valid National Drivers’ License with an impeccable driving record.
- Proven journey and fleet management experience is an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 Oct, 2020