Welcome to Jobweb Rwanda. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Rwanda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click here to subscribe for job alerts
We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes;
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitably qualified staff to fill the following Positions:
||Duties and Responsibilities
Head, Information Technology and Digital Innovation
|Job Grade 3
- Lead the development and implementation of the bank’s IT strategy to ensure the business strategy is supported by a sound integrated IT framework that supports innovation;
- Develop the IT budget and seek timely allocation of resources to support the implementation of the ICT strategies;
- Lead the development of policies, procedures, and processes that ensure compliance with the relevant regulations that govern banking in Rwanda and international best practices for development banks;
- Implement IT Service Delivery in line with set targets of satisfaction level and availability, thereby ensuring that the Bank’s IT requirements are adequately addressed;
- Develop and update standard operating procedures and best practices to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems and their usage;
Lead the development and testing of new programs developed to ensure responsiveness to user needs;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of ICT business continuity plans to provide an IT framework that is responsive to the unpredictable operating environment;
- Lead the development and implementation of change management strategies on ICT products and services for successful implementation;
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems including database, the core banking system, network infrastructure, operating systems, software applications, disaster recovery, backups and peripherals to ensure that they are in line with the Banks’ needs and requirements;
- Approve system changes to ensure system integrity in line with set policy and procedure, as a risk mitigation and control measures;
- Approval of user authorizations to ensure conformity with requirements of the user’s job role thereby ensuring appropriate rights allocation, and minimizing attendant risks;
- Monitor systems Analysis to confirm requirements/specifications for new systems that are required to address the Bank’s automation requirements and ensure its security features;
- Control the existence of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades to ensure all systems have supporting documents to guide the usage;
- Study the Bank’s business processes on an on-going basis in order to identify opportunities for digitization, digitalization, and innovation;
- Evaluate Staff Performance in line with set objectives/targets within the IT Unit to ensure the achievement of the department’s strategy;
- Address IT Staffing & Training Requirements to meet skill and manpower needs, in order to adequately address the Bank’s IT requirements;
- Coordinate and develop IT staff members duties by following up their activities to ensure the IT department serves the users efficiently and effectively and at their satisfaction;
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences/ Management Information system or a relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology/ or related field
- Professional certification in IT
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in IT, two (2) of which must be in a senior management level in a similar institution
- Knowledge of ICT Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Network Management
- Disaster Recovery Management
- Recovery Management
- System Administration and integration
- IT Data Security
- Firewall network security
- Business Acumen & Process management
- Knowledge of IT Programs and Applications
- People and Team management
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/brd/careers/job_application.php) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates, and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone. only online applications shall be considered.
Email: [email protected] (for only inquiries)
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Deadline for application: Friday, September 18, 2020, 03:00 pm.
Details of the job descriptions are posted on the BRD website: www.brd.rw
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.
Done in Kigali, August 30, 2020
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE