Grants And Communication Manager at BENIMPUHWE
- Company: BENIMPUHWE
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
Grants and Communication Manager at Rungano-NdotaInitiative
BENIMPUHWE is a local non-profit organization legally recognized in 1995. It is implementing various projects in 11 districts of Rwanda. The organization provides assistance to the vulnerable women, orphans, and other vulnerable children and youth so as to improve their livelihood and sustain adequate living conditions.
BENIMPUHWE ORGANIZATION is implementing Rungano-Ndota project among others.
This project was created by a Founding Team of 15 young leaders from Ruhango District. Our vision and effort catalyzed a new initiative that helps vulnerable youth develop as leaders and entrepreneurs, using an innovative experiential, community-building approach. In 2017 Rungano-Ndota Initiative started working officially in the District. Some of the Founding Team now serve as staff.
Since then the program has improved the livelihoods of 200 vulnerable youth in the district. We designed Rungano-Ndota to build a truly empowering path for vulnerable youth so they can develop not only as leaders and entrepreneurs but also develop entrepreneurial mindset in all their life. The goal of the program is to empower a community of vulnerable youth as holistic leaders who are able to secure their livelihoods for future and help others at the same time.
RNI’s program in a district is operated by a staff with a volunteer Leadership Team that comes from the community. Our approach starts with mentoring to guide youth’s choices regarding their wellness and their livelihood. Monthly program days bring the entire group together to practice leadership skills and develop entrepreneurial abilities, all in an active, experiential style that unlocks their potential. From that foundation, youth develop pathways for their livelihoods – including vocational training, individual entrepreneurship, and cooperative businesses with their peers. We keep coaching and helping them operate and sustain their businesses over a period of four years. After graduation, youth will continue to be involved through alumni activities.
In collaboration with Rwanda Youth Partnership, our supporters and partners in the USA. We are planning to scale up the program in other districts of the country.
Summary of the position
Working under the supervision of Rungano-Ndota’s Program manager, the Grants and Communication Manager will be responsible for the management of institutional fundraising and marketing communications of Rungano-Ndota Initiative. This will include but not limited to funder relationship management, proposal development, grant management, and marketing communications. Specific details of the role are as below.
Position Title: Grants and Communication Manager
General responsibilities for all Rungano-Ndota staff:
General responsibilities for all Rungano-Ndota staff:
- Participate constructively in the RNI community and establish friendly relationships with youth
- Occasionally help prepare and implement RNI program activities, especially Rungano Program Days, in order to maintain connection and understanding of the model
- Help prepare and implement virtual events organized by Rungano-Ndota with Rwanda Youth Partnership
- Support colleagues with their responsibilities through feedback and helping each other
Specific Responsibilities for the Role:
Funder Engagement and Grant Management
- Develop relationships and collaborating with funders and other key stakeholders.
- Identify grant funding opportunities.
- Write, submit, and manage grant proposals, collaboratively with RNI Staff
- Furnish prospective funders with relevant documentation to support grant applications
- Conduct pre-award due diligence assessments of current and potential partners and analyze organizational capacity to manage grant funding and project implementation.
- Draft grant agreements, MOUs and all grant agreement modifications in consultation with designated program and finance leads.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure all agreement templates and letters of commitment are current with respect to RNI and donor compliance requirements.
- Manage reporting and donor requirements during and after grants, collaboratively with RNI Staff
- Work with program staff to ensure grant payments are made in accordance with agreements and work plans.
- Help develop policies relating to grants management.
- Train RNI staff and partners regarding compliance as needed.
- Provide analysis of the status on current and closed grants, e.g. spending patterns, outstanding reports.
Public Engagement and Marketing Communications Management
- Ensure that stories, photos and other materials are produced to the standard of quality required to inform and engage donors and the public, via various communication channels.
- Lead on the content creation for social media accounts and coordinate regular posts on each account.
- Manage all online content, including the organization’s website, social media, and third-party website listings.
- Develop and manage the organization’s visual brand and messaging.
- Other duties as required
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
All Rungano-Ndota staff :
- Communicate clearly and reliably to support teamwork with colleagues, youth, and external partners
- Possess a deep understanding of the barriers faced by youth who are not in formal education and employment – coupled with equal belief in their potential for success
- Demonstrate an ability to build positive, empowering relationships with vulnerable youth
- Have a high degree of integrity and ethical behavior in all they do
- Are Rwandan by nationality and thoroughly understand the context of the country
- Are fluent in spoken and written Kinyarwanda and English
Required Skills & Qualifications
For this role, candidates should possess:
- Degree in project management, business administration, or an equivalent qualification.
- At least 4 years’ experience in proposal, project, or program development, or grants management in an NGO.
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to occasionally guide and coach colleagues in their presentations and written communications.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- Experience of managing multiple budgets, from different donors, at the same time.
- Knowledge of best practices for writing and publishing on social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Software skills desired: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel and Publisher; familiarity with website building and online marketing tools (such as Wix and SquareSpace,etc)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application with a subject line Grants and Communication Manager through [email protected] and copy program manager at [email protected] Include a cover letter and CV. In your cover letter, you are welcome to explain any parts of your professional, academic, or personal life experience that truly motivate you to pursue this job.
Deadline: Jan 27th, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test!
BENIMPUHWE is an equal opportunity employer we are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, religion, gender, physical disability or other basis protected by Rwandan law.