Gis/IT Advisor at CNFA
- Company: CNFA
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Rwanda
USAID/Rwanda Modernizing Agriculture Activity
CNFA is a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C., dedicated to stimulating economic growth in the agricultural sector by nurturing entrepreneurship, private enterprise, and market linkages. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains and rural development, to increase people’s incomes, to develop skills in the rural workforce, and to facilitate exports.
Program Description USAID/Rwanda Modernizing Agriculture Activity
The purpose of the Modernizing Agriculture Activity is to support increased agriculture productivity and income, access to finance and markets, and access and consumption of nutritious food products in Rwanda, while increasing the resilience of the agriculture and food systems to the changing climate. To achieve this goal, the Activity will sustainably increase agricultural productivity, increase access to finance for farmers and agribusinesses, improve producers’ market outcomes, and strengthen the enabling environment to foster market-driven outcomes in agriculture.
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Geographic Information System (GIS)/IT Advisor has a combination of roles to fill. S/he will be responsible for maintaining the computers, network and IT systems of all 40-50 program staff while managing relevant GIS data required by the program to inform annual reports and communications documents. S/he will provide quantitative results that will feed into analysis, evaluations, performance monitoring, and other M&E reporting of the project while simultaneously being available for IT-related interventions (network issues, internet, computer software installation) as needed. S/he will also develop, manage, and maintain a GIS Mapping Database and develop data collection tools to geographically map program interventions and project management indicators for the activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of the GIS/IT Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and analyze GIS data and remote sensing data to help ModAg capture the three following types of GIS data:
- Activity and Intervention Location Data that records discrete point locations for activity and intervention sites
- Activity outcome datasets including discrete point locations at the collection point
- Activity Specific Geographic Data including but not limited to analytical output of a geographic analysis that is conducted while implementing ModAg
- Design and advise ModAg how data gathered by ModAg and its partners can be better displayed and incorporated into program documents and reports;
- Generate periodic progress reports using GIS data, as required for reporting to USAID and GoR.
- Support ModAg in rolling out new software/cloud-based applications used to support programming, as needed, including but not limited to Knack software
- Advise ModAg on IT setup and operations issues, in coordination with the CNFA Operations & Procurement Manager.
- Identify needs such as software, installation, hardware and communications equipment for the office and staff and provide support to the procurement process as needed, providing specifications, as an evaluator, etc.
- Report quarterly the status of IT and GPS equipment to the CNFA Operations & Procurement Manager
- Other tasks as assigned by the COP, Director of Finance and Operations, or Operations & Procurement Manager.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the design and implementation of GIS project data to identify successful approaches and trends at the field level, and development of MEL systems and plans;
- Ability to become familiar with and administer cloud-based software applications preferred
- At least three years of USAID reporting experience;
- BSc or higher in data management, information technology, or a related field;
- Fluency in English and advanced level of French and Kinyarwanda
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Experience working on USAID or other international donor-funded programs a plus;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Method of ApplicationAll interested and qualified Candidate can send their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references) documents to: [email protected] not later than 13th February 2023 at 6:00 PM. Please quote the job title in the subject. Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE