Finance Manager at Rungano-Ndota Initiative (RNI), Benimpuhwe
- Company: Benimpuhwe
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
FINANCE MANAGER AT RUNGANO-NDOTA INITIATIVE (RNI )
BENIMPUHWE is a local non-profit organization legally recognized in 1995. It is implementing various projects in 11 districts of Rwanda. The organization provides assistance to the vulnerable women, orphans, and other vulnerable children and youth so as to improve their livelihood and sustain adequate living conditions.
BENIMPUHWE ORGANIZATION is implementing Rungano-Ndota project among others.
This project was created by a Founding Team of 15 young leaders from Ruhango District. Our vision and effort catalyzed a new initiative that helps vulnerable youth develop as leaders and entrepreneurs, using an innovative experiential, community-building approach. In 2017 Rungano-Ndota Initiative started working officially in the District. Some of the Founding Team now serve as staff.
Since then the program has improved the livelihoods of 200 vulnerable youth in the district. We designed Rungano-Ndota to build a truly empowering path for vulnerable youth so they can develop not only as leaders and entrepreneurs but also develop entrepreneurial mindset in all their life. The goal of the program is to empower a community of vulnerable youth as holistic leaders who are able to secure their livelihoods for future and help others at the same time.
RNI’s program in a district is operated by a staff with a volunteer Leadership Team that comes from the community. Our approach starts with mentoring to guide youth’s choices regarding their wellness and their livelihood. Monthly program days bring the entire group together to practice leadership skills and develop entrepreneurial abilities, all in an active, experiential style that unlocks their potential. From that foundation, youth develop pathways for their livelihoods – including vocational training, individual entrepreneurship, and cooperative businesses with their peers. We keep coaching and helping them operate and sustain their businesses over a period of four years. After graduation, youth will continue to be involved through alumni activities.
We have developed RNI in collaboration with Rwanda Youth Partnership, our partners in the USA. Through this partnership we interact with supporters and mentors from the USA and other countries who support our mission. Together we are planning to scale up the program in other districts of the country.
Position Title: FINANCE MANAGER
General responsibilities for all Rungano-Ndota staff:
- Participate constructively in the RNI community and establish friendly relationships with youth
- Help prepare and implement Rungano Program Days, RNI Business Bootcamp and Business Idea Generation Day
- Help prepare and implement virtual events organized by Rungano-Ndota with Rwanda Youth Partnership
- Support colleagues with their responsibilities through feedback and helping each other
Responsibilities for this particular job:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to access accuracy, completeness, and compliance to procedural standards.
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and analyzing budgets
- Participate in developing grant proposals
- Develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems,
- Advise management about issues such as proper finance management and resource utilization
- Keep inventory of assets of the platform and maintain the information such as asset description value and location.
- Prepare and present all books of accounts and assets for auditing
- Maintain accounting records by making copies and proper filing documents
- Reconcile bank statements by comparing statements with the general ledger
- Maintain accounting databases
- Organize and prepare procurement plan
- Prepare and conduct procurement of goods and services
- Determine value of depreciable assets
- Receive and process all invoices, expense forms, and requests for payment
- Manage petty cash transactions
- Order handle and writing of cheque
- Handle human resources payroll and benefits processes
- Participate in strategic discussion about the development of RNI’s future
- Design and implement training for RNI staff in areas like accounting and record-keeping, to help staff in their work with youth businesses
- Work with the RNI team to further develop the RNI loan fund and future partnerships with micro-finance institutions
Depending on interests of candidates, this position may also include responsibility for managing RNI’s Twitter and Facebook presence
The Finance Manager shall work under the supervision of the RNI Program Manager
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills
All Rungano-Ndota staff :
- Possess reliable, clear teamwork communication style, with colleagues, youth, and external partners
- Possess deep understanding of the barriers faced by youth who are not in formal education and employment – coupled with equal belief in their potential for success
- Demonstrate ability to build positive, empowering relationships with vulnerable youth
- Have high integrity and ethical behavior in all they do
- Are Rwandan by nationality and thoroughly understand the context of the country
- Are young themselves, because the work requires flexibility, travels, and working with youth
- Have mid to high level skills in MS Word and Excel
- Are fluent in spoken and written Kinyarwanda and English
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the organization.
For this particular job, the candidate should possess:
- At least A0 in finance,, management, accounting, or related field
- A minimum of not less than 1 years related professional experience, preferably having worked in NGOs, public entities, and or reputable private sector organizations
- Leadership capacity to join this growing initiative as the second person on our national staff team
- Ability to work with various financial management software as an added advantage
- Ability to work with social media platforms as an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application through [email protected] and copy to [email protected] Include a cover letter and CV. In your cover letter, you are welcome to explain any parts of your professional, academic, or personal life experience that truly motivate you to pursue this job.
Deadline: September 24th, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test!
BENIMPUHWE is an equal opportunity employer we are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, religion, gender, physical disability or other basis protected by Rwandan law.
Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply!
- In compensation for service rendered, BENIMPUHWE will offer a monthly salary, health & maternity insurance and pension savings insurance;
- All staff benefit from different training organized by the project
- All staff also benefit from collaboration and coaching discussions with international colleagues whom we meet through our US-based partners