Faith and Development Manager
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 30 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions in the strategic period of 2021-2025 seek to reach 2 million of the most vulnerable children. This is done through programming in Resilience and Livelihoods, WASH and Health, Child Protection and Education.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced Rwandan national for the role of Faith and Development Manager, joining an established and experienced team. This stimulating position incorporates a range of skills and development in multiple areas, allowing for an exciting opportunity for career growth in a dynamic, global organization. It will be based in Kigali, Rwanda and reports to the Integrated Programs Director.
Purpose of the position:
The job holder will manage the work of the Faith and Development unit to ensure the National Office achieves the strategic objectives in the spiritual nurture of children (SNC), integration of faith and community development, staff formation and spiritual nurture, partnerships with faith (FBOs/CBOs) and peacebuilding actors. He/she will provide technical support and advise the national office senior leadership on faith and development towards holistic child wellbeing of the most vulnerable children.
Management of Faith and Development mainstreaming and implementation
- Manage and oversee Faith and Development projects (Grants and PNS) through timely and quality Financial Management, Implementation, DME and Impact reporting.
- Provide leadership for the integration of Faith & Development (F&D) and peace building into the Technical Approaches & Technical Programs.
- Manage the mainstreaming of Christian Commitment/F&D, Core Project Models/ Approaches (Celebrating Families, Channels of hope, Empowered Worldview) and peace building initiatives/activities into all programs and projects and ensure that these initiatives are community driven for increased ownership and sustainability.
- Build capacity of WV staff on Spiritual Nurture for Children (SNC) integration into their programs.
- Ensure WV staff and community attendance at various F&D workshops and events when and where possible
- Strengthen WV staff and community capacity on WV Core Project Models and Empowered Worldview approach, which is a cross cutting and foundational approach that enables men, women and children to ultimately change behaviors and adopt empowered lifestyles in a manner that will ensure sustainability and positively reinforce resilient livelihoods.
- Capacity building for Integration of Peace and Conflict Sensitivity in Programming and Empowering Children as Peacebuilders. Also ensure that frontline staff have adequate capacity to apply DO NO HARM principles while implementing Technical Programs at Area Development level.
- Build community capacity on healing, Peace Building and Reconciliation in relation to the running of healing workshops for sustainable peace.
- Manage the national office engagement with FBOS ensuring the pursuit and development of meaningful and formal partnerships with churches and other community stakeholders that will compliment WV Rwanda F&D activities through WV partnering guidelines. Also, ensure potential and strategic formal partnerships with Government, UN agencies, NGO’s, research institutes and other community stakeholders that will compliment WV Rwanda peace building activities.
- Ensure clear, formal and coordinated contracts, agreements or covenants between WV Rwanda and churches and FBOs as well as appropriate operational procedures to guide implementation of signed agreements or covenants.
- Engage and liaise with Church umbrellas to promote peace and spiritual nurture for children to achieve Child Wellbeing in a holistic manner.
- Engage and liaise with National Level Actors and Institutions on Peace and Reconciliation.
- Motivate and lead the staff, partners, and volunteers who are directly involved in Faith and Development Project implementation to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Ensure that the Faith and Development Unit staff comply with WV policies and procedures, especially People and Culture, Field Financial Manual, Child Protection and Adult Safeguarding, Communication, Information and Security guidelines, and other guidelines that are specific to the humanitarian context.
- Provide continuous guidance to Faith and Development project staff through coaching and mentoring
- Manage the performance of project staff and assisting them to perform better
- Identify training needs of project staff and ensure development plans are developed and implemented
- Update F&D and peace building fact sheets, capacity statements, and talking points for donor engagement
- Work with GAM team in developing Peace Building, F&D & Core Project Models/Approaches (Celebrating Families Curriculum, Channels of Hope, and Empowered Worldview) related concept papers/proposals writing.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure F&D and PB integration regular reporting by all Programs and projects.
- Ensure monitoring tools are in place to track the implementation progress of spiritual nurture for children, WV staff formation and peace building activities/initiatives.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports on F&D and Peace Building, activities in line with World Vision and/or donor formats.
- Regular documentation of F&D and peace building promising practices and ensure their duplication in other Area Programs
- Support the People and Culture Department assigned in staff capacity building to ensure staff bear witness to Jesus Christ and understand the implications of Christian and other faith traditions/beliefs on our work. (Mission Immersion Program, Recalling our Joy module etc)
- Provide F&D orientation for staff on WVI Christian Identity upon joining the ministry.
- Support keeping accurate and up-to-date records of F&D and peace building protocols, policies, lessons and good practices, and facilitate their circulation and use within the National Office, across the partnership and with partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Social Sciences, Psychology, Development, or other Development related fields.
- 5 years of relevant experience (Psychosocial work, peace building and reconciliation, Christian Commitments/ Spiritual Formation).
- Ability to design and develop spiritual nurture materials.
- People management skills, with ability to lead, inspire, train, and mentor team members, and to achieve the highest possible results through staff.
- A good understanding of the Faith and Peacebuilding context in Rwanda.
- Committed Christian with emotional and spiritual maturity
- Excellent understanding of WV Celebrating Families, Empowered Worldview Approach and Peace Building core project models (PDW, IPACS, DNH/LCP, ECaP, etc).
- Excellent communication and networking skills, which inspire confidence with partners and churches.
- Ability and passion to pursue transformation of staff, partners and communities that exemplifies a non-discriminatory understanding.
- Fluency in English (excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds and to rise above denominational differences.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Preferably master’s degree in related fields
- A demonstrated knowledge in Theology (or one of the sub specialties: mission, ministry, counseling and pastoral care, discipleship, leadership formation etc
- Good knowledge and capacity to train in Spiritual Nurture of Children
- Project management and proposal writing skills
Language Requirements: Proficiency in written and spoken English
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 19th November, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE