Executive Sous Chef at RwandAir Catering Ltd
- Company: RwandAir Catering Ltd
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Rwanda
RwandAir Catering Ltd is a fast-growing In-flight Catering Company in Rwanda that started its operations from August 2014 and is providing catering services to scheduled airlines, private jet and charters. RwandAir Catering Ltd aims to be one of the biggest aviation catering companies in Africa in few years to come.
As part of this strategy, we are looking for interested, qualified, committed and competent Rwandan candidate to apply for the position mentioned below.
Job Title: Executive Sous Chef
Reporting Line: Executive Chef
Purpose Statement: The Executive Sous Chef will be the second in command of Executive Chef, will have full control over production, planning & monitoring, food production, tasks and processes, managing chefs on duty, planning training and scheduling of staff in Production Unit.
- Develop and update departmental SOP Manual, detailing standards of performance, Policies and Procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the kitchen in accordance to policies and standards requirements.
- Supervise production team to run their kitchens at high-quality level whilst maintaining acceptable food cost.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Department to ensure that kitchen areas are kept clean and orderly. Manage organization and cleanliness of departmental areas by conducting daily walk through.
- Ensure that high level of food safety management and precautions with regards to the Airline food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP) are adhered to in the department.
- Ensure that all departmental reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs (where possible) and correspondences are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interact with the management of other departments within areas of responsibility to foster and maintain effective working relations with them.
- Assign in detail, specific duties to all employees under your supervision & instruct them in their work, in order to manage the daily kitchen operation, quality control & food hygiene.
- Efficient preparation of dishes and meals according to recipes, portion control & waste management.
- Check the taste, temperature and visual appeal of food items prepared to ensure that the quality and portion are consistent and as per specifications set out.
- Provides guidance to kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating or tray setting.
- Improve waste reduction & manage budgetary concerns, Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Leading by example on all hygiene requirements (safe personal hygiene and sanitary food-handling practices, labelling and FIFO/FEFO practices).
- Receive, analyze and prepare private charter meal orders accordingly.
- Manage & provide leadership to all subordinates & ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Project a positive and motivated attitude amongst all colleagues & conduct regular team meetings where active attendance is key.
- Ensure positive & constructive feedback on work performance is given very regular in fair manner to encourage a positive & eager environment.
- Ensure that weekly work schedules are administered in anticipation of business levels, operating budgets and service standards, furthermore that public holiday & annual leave planners are very proactive & regularly reviewed in order to avoid extensive accrual & all are file correctly as per standards set by company and local authorities.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Food Services or Culinary Arts is required.
- Minimum 10 years of job-related experience
- Previous minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or Executive Chef in a reputable hotel or restaurants or high volume flight catering setting up. A candidate with Airline Catering Production experience will have an added advantage
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to train and develop subordinates’ skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members
- International Cooking Experience is required.
Method of Application
If you meet all the above criteria, send in your:
- An application letter addressed to Head of HR & Administration;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae, duly signed and dated including three referees with their personal telephone contacts and E-mail addresses;
- Notified degree Certificate in Culinary Arts or related fields
Note: - Application letter, CV and other documents must be in English and must specify the position you are applying for.