English Instructor x3 at Wibena Business Institute
- Company: Wibena Business Institute
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Rwanda
Job Description 3 Positions
Wibena Institute seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the full-time staff position of English Instructor to prepare and provide grade-relevant learning activities that enable students to learn the principles of the English language including the rules of grammar and syntax, to develop an understanding and to advance students’ verbal and written communication abilities. The English teacher must possess a pleasant disposition that will enhance the learning process. Ultimately, an outstanding English teacher should engage students in meaningful and fun activities, creating an environment conducive to learning. The ESL is a full-time, exempt position.
Title: English Instructor
Level: Middle Management Level
Contract: Fixed Full Time Employee
Compensation: Attractive Package
Job Location: Kigali-Rwanda/Remote
Closing Date: 03rd October 2022
The English Instructor is to prepare and provide grade-relevant learning activities that enable students to learn the principles of the English language including the rules of grammar and syntax, to develop an understanding and appreciation of literature and to advance students’ verbal and written communication abilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach basic English skills including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Compose lesson plans in order to successfully incorporate the full duration of each lesson.
- Execute lessons efficiently using different styles of teaching depending on the content.
- Engage students to ensure a lively classroom atmosphere.
- Instruct students about the structure and content of the English language.
- Emphasize the rules of composition, grammar and sentence construction.
- Teach students the correct pronunciation of words.
- prepare instructional aids and supplemental teaching materials and resources consistent with learning objectives and student needs
- teach grammar and syntax, vocabulary and word usage and other principles of the English language
- develop students’ verbal skills including reading out loud, discussion and debate
- prepare and administer assessments that are curriculum-aligned
- administer standardized tests in accordance with international testing programs
- monitor performance and progress and modify instructional methods to meet individual needs where necessary
- maintain accurate and complete student records including attendance, grades, assessments and test scores as required by school procedures and regulations
- undertake professional development activities to ensure continued professional growth and development of teaching skills
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English teaching and Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ adult teaching experience role.
- Must be a Native language English speaker/or Near Native speaker
- The ability to compile lesson plans efficiently.
- The ability to execute lessons with meaning, in a fun, and engaging manner
- solid grounding in classroom management and school procedures
- solid knowledge of subject matter including subject-specific curriculum and assessments
- proficient in the use of technology and computer applications as required
- up-to-date with latest teaching techniques and topics in English instruction
- Computer Skills.
Key Skills and Competencies
- outstanding communication skills
- planning and organizational skills
- creative and innovative
- collaborative skills
- data management and analysis
- able to maintain a high standard of professional conduct
- able to handle stress
Method of ApplicationThe Interested applicants can send their updated CVs/resume, Academic certificates along with a covering letter of interest and minimum of 3 references to [email protected] ; copy to: [email protected] ; [email protected]
The C.V. must be written within 2 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission.
Closing Date : 13th October, 2022.