Education Specialist at Right To Play
- Company: Right To Play
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Rwanda
JOB POSTING – Education Specialist
Organization: Right To Play Rwanda
Work location: Kigali, Rwanda
Authorized to work in: Rwanda (Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
Target Hiring/ Target Hiring Range: RWF 2,246,217 to 2,611,228 per month (before taxes)
Target Start Date: 01 April 2023
Contract Duration: 1-year contract with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding
Closing Date: 10 February 2023
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK and eight national offices across Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK) and North America (Canada, US).
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
The Education Specialist reports directly to the Program Manager. He/she is responsible for providing technical advice and guidance on the development and implementation of education programs in line with the Country Strategic Plan and Right To Play’s global theory of change. The incumbent works to integrate Right To Play’s methodologies into the system level education planning and delivery, the curriculum of provincial and national boards/agencies, as well as, the activities of Right To Play’s strategic and implementing partners. This includes developing materials and resources as necessary, in collaboration with the Education Specialist at Headquarters as relevant. The incumbent also provides technical input to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist/Officer on the development of education-related performance measurement frameworks, baseline assessments and evaluations. He/she plays a leadership role in policy engagement with external stakeholders. The Education Specialist is also responsible for analyzing education related results from Right To Play’s interventions and bringing innovative knowledge to organizational approaches
In accordance with Right To Play (RTP) approved policies and procedures, the employee:
Program planning, implementation and delivery
Representation, advocacy and policy engagement
Capacity building support
Performs other duties as assigned
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING
The incumbent is expected to provide technical input into planning and implementing the education program of the country office. The incumbent is required to have some flexibility in the plan to respond to urgent needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Required)
Master’s degree in Education or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5 years’ minimum experience implementing and providing technical guidance on basic education programs and liaising with government officials. Proven experience in project planning, report writing, proposal writing, networking, partnership-building and working with NGOs. Significant experience in designing and delivering training and/or the development of education materials and resources.
- COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and flexible with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to represent oneself as an effective Right To Play ambassador to high level officials
- Strategy planning skills for education initiatives
- People management particularly influence management
(D) TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Understanding of active learning approaches, particularly play-based learning
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in basic education programs, including technical experience in teacher training and resource and curriculum development
- Understanding of community development processes
- Strong MS Office and program management tools and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with programmatic approaches related to life skills or social emotional learning
- Knowledge and experience in education research, quantitative and qualitative methods
Fluency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Experience in quality improvement
- Experience in strengthening civil society organisations
- Experience in coaching
- Knowledge/experience in child protection, gender mainstreaming and/or governance
- Knowledge of adult learning
- Knowledge of international donors
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, collaborative and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with
children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent networking skills.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including personal learning and development days.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE