EBE Financial Management Specialist at UR
- Company: UR
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
PROJECT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The Government of Rwanda received a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB) to finance the establishment of the East Africa Centre of Excellence in Biomedical Engineering and e-Health (CEBE). The project is being implemented by the University of Rwanda (UR). CEBE needs to recruit staff for the following position: CEBE Financial Management Specialist
The Project Financial Management Specialist will report to the Project Coordinator and will work closely with the Directorate of Finance of the University of Rwanda-Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) which oversees all projects implemented within the University. She/he should be part of the Project Coordination Unit. The overall responsibility of the Financial Management Specialist is to ensure that financial planning, budgeting, bookkeeping, and financial reporting is done properly following rules, procedures and accounting standards. In addition, She/he will have the role of providing the overall financial and administrative support to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Management Specialist shall deliver on the following duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain sound financial and internal control systems for the project which are in line with the GoR Regulations and Donor Procedures;
- Ensure funds are properly managed and flow smoothly, adequately, regularly and predictably in order to meet the objectives of the project;
- Ensure the proper and timely accountability for Project resources;
- Design and provide the Project Coordinator with monthly analytical reports on the financial performance of the Project;
- Prepare annual project financial statements and other reports to be reviewed by the Project Coordination Unit, SPIU Director of Administration and Finance and external auditors as may be required by the program legal agreements and the financial reporting framework of the GoR;
- Liaise with the Office of the Auditor-General and /or the External Audit Firm and have responsibility for the timely submission of audited project financial statements to the Donors;
Required Qualifications and Experience
The Financial Management Specialist should:
- Possess an Accounting degree holder from a recognized university
- Be a full member of either ACCA or CPA;
- Have at least 5 years of experience in Government accounting including the use of the Government’s Integrated Financial Management System (IFMIS);
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in accounting for the donor-funded projects;
- Be familiar with internal control systems;
- Have strong financial analytical skills;
- Be Computer literate, preferably in accounting and Microsoft packages.
The Regional (East Africa) Centre of Excellence for Biomedical Engineering and eHealth (CEBE) implemented by the University of Rwanda (UR) now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the above-mentioned services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
Eligibility criteria, the establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” May 2008 (Revised in July 2012) which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultant who expresses interest.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their application only online in ONE SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT on [email protected], with a copy of to [email protected] and [email protected] The application file must contain the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Copy of degree and another relevant academic certificate
- Copy of ID
- Proof (ves) of past experience
- At least one recommendation letter from the previous employer
In case of hard copy submission, the application can also be submitted to the address below:
Attention: Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Finance
University of Rwanda Single Projects Implementation Unit (SPIU)
Procurement Office, Kicukiro Campus
P.O Box 4285 Kigali
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The deadline for submission of applications is 27th March 2020.
Françoise Kayitare Tengera
Deputy Vice Chancellor for Finance