Director Of Administration And Finance at Rwanda National Olympic And Sports Committee (Rnosc)
- Company: Rwanda National Olympic And Sports Committee (Rnosc)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Job Description of the Director of Administration and Finance at RNOSC
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Founded in 1984, the Rwanda National Olympic and Sports Committee (RNOSC) has its headquarters at the Remera–Hallmark Center Building, Kigali, and serves as both the National Olympic Committee and Commonwealth Games Association.
BUILDING GENERATIONS OF CHAMPIONS
- The Rwanda national Olympic and sport Movement must become a pillar of social, economic and environmental development in Rwanda;
- Nationally, the Olympic Movement must provide each citizen of Rwanda with the opportunity to engage within his/her community, to live his/her passion, to build his/her capacities, to get a job, and to adopt a healthy lifestyle;
- Beyond our borders, sport throughout its international exposure, must continue strengthening the positive image of Rwanda as a reference model;
- Every people dedicated to the sport Movement has to play a significant role. Athletes, decision-makers and managers, officials, coaches, parents, partners, all of them must carry on the values of exemplarity, respect, friendship and excellence;
- Recognize the achievements of those who make a real difference.
RNOSC’S MISSION AND ROLE ARE DESIGNED BY:
The Olympic Charter
- Develop, promote and protect the Olympic Movement in Rwanda
- Promote the fundamental principles and values of Olympism in their countries, in particular, in the fields of sport and education, by promoting Olympic educational programmes in all levels of schools, sports and physical education institutions and universities, as well as by encouraging the creation of institutions dedicated to Olympic education, such as National Olympic Academies, Olympic Museums and other programmes, including cultural, related to the Olympic Movement
- Encourage the development of high performance sport as well as sport for all
- Help in the training of sports administrators by organising courses and ensure that such courses contribute to the propagation of the fundamental principles of Olympism
- Take action against any form of discrimination and violence in sport
- Adopt and implement the World Anti-Doping Code
- Represent the country at the Olympic Games and at the regional, continental or world multi-sports competitions patronised by the IOC. In addition, each NOC is obliged to participate in the Games of the Olympiad by sending athletes
- Select and designate the city which may apply to organise Olympic Games
- Cooperate with governmental bodies, with which the RNOSC will achieve harmonious relations. However, it shall not associate itself with any activity which would be in contradiction with the Olympic Charter. The RNOSC may also cooperate with non-governmental bodies
- Preserve its autonomy and resist all pressures of any kind, including but not limited to political, legal, religious or economic pressures which may prevent it from complying with the Olympic Charter.
IV. OLYMPIAD’S OBJECTIVES
Professionalise the Rwanda sport Movement, including the National Olympic and Sport Committee, affiliated national sport federations and organisations, athletes along with all stakeholders involved, to create a positive environment generating success and performance.
Make Rwanda a leading and influencing country in Africa recognized as a reference and innovative Nation by peers within the international sport Movement.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Administration and Finance (DAF) is a hands-on and participative manager responsible for overseeing the financial activities of the RNOSC. This includes managing financial operations, providing strategic financial guidance, conducting business planning and budgeting, and overseeing human resources and administration. The DAF reports to the Executive Director (ED) and collaborates with various departments to ensure the organisation’s fiscal health and operational efficiency.
The Director of Finance and Administration plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operations to maximise and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organisation.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organisation’s financial status;
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting;
- Coordinate and lead the annual audits process, liaise with internal/external auditors, tax consultants and the finance committee of the Executive leadership; ensure compliance with relevant legal and financial regulations, and assess any changes necessary;
- Manage organisational financial forecasting and cash flow;
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements;
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual;
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive leadership;
Human Resources and Administration:
- Oversee day-to-day administrative operations and provide leadership and direction to the administrative team to ensure efficiency;
- Oversee, further develop and maintain RNOSC human resources, administration policies and procedures, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting;
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined;
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures;
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants;
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient, consistent operations and conducive working environment as the organisation scales;
- Manage facilities, equipment, and office services;
- Represent the Department in the RNOSC/CGA Rwanda Executive Committee meetings and relay relevant information to the Department, when necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field is required (Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Math). Minimum of 5 years of experience required; a preference for 10 years of experience with a range of nonprofit, corporate or government, and/or sport experience. A detailed Understanding nonprofit finance and accounting functions is critical. This can be experience as an executive director, fiscal manager and/or senior-level administrator with a demonstrated record of achievement.
Requirements, Language and IT Competences
- Possession of ACCA and/or CPA certification is mandatory. Additional qualifications, including but not limited to CIMA, IFRS, CMA, etc., would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in accounting software, including but not limited to QuickBooks, Sage, etc., is mandatory;
- Human Resources: Experience managing performance reviews and evaluations, as well as implementing HR policies and serving as a resource for staff ;
- Leadership and Management: Capacity for managing and leading people; ability to connect to staff both individually and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability; ability to develop and empower leaders from the bottom up and lead from the top down; strong commitment to follow-through; and high emotional intelligence;
- A knowledge of the sports world and/or Olympic Movement, particularly Rwanda Sport Movement would be an advantage;
- Languages: bilingual in English and French (oral and written).
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook;
- Capacity for managing and leading people, ability to connect with staff both individually and in large groups;
- capacity to enforce accountability, ability to develop and empower leaders from the bottom up, and lead from the top down, strong commitment to follow-through, and high emotional intelligence are essential qualities;
- Excellent sense of planning, organisation and management of priorities.
- Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly, to multitask and to deal with complex issues in an organised way;
- Ability to interact with sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism with all kinds of people, create a climate of trust and appreciate the needs and expectations of one’s interlocutors;
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional performance in a highly stressful situation;
- Ability to remain efficient within a changing environment and to adapt positively to new tasks, responsibilities or people; Ability to think and act independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to adhere to the organisation’s ethical principles, apply these and act accordingly.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th November, 2023.