Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
(PAC-Alleviating Poverty of VR&HCM Project)
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 30 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions in the strategic period of 2021-2025 seek to reach 2 million of the most vulnerable children. This is done through programming in Resilience and Livelihoods, WASH and Health, Child Protection and Education.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated and experienced Rwandan national for the role of Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, joining an established and experienced team. This stimulating position incorporates a range of skills and development in multiple areas, allowing for an exciting opportunity for career growth in a dynamic, global organization. It will be based in Kigali, Rwanda and reports to the Livelihood and Self-Reliance Project Manager.
Purpose of the position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be responsible for oversight and coordination of all monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and reporting requirement-related activities and donor requirements for poverty alleviation coalition graduation project. This includes working closely with the livelihoods technical lead and the project leadership in the development and day-to-day management of the project log frame, oversight and management of the project data management plan. The incumbent will be responsible for the design and roll out of project monitoring system and tools to track project indicators in line with the project implementation plan and expected results while ensuring the quality of project effectiveness.
The major responsibilities include:
30% Project Design
- Provide guidance in the design of project planning tools, ensuring that quality planning and budgeting documents are produced with highest quality
- Ensure project theory of change remains consistent through the conception and implementation of project activities;
- Develop/Maintain, and/or contextualize standards and project models aligned to the national office technical programs
- Ensure cross cutting themes (child and adult safeguarding, advocacy and gender mainstreaming, faith and development, etc.) are adequately integrated in project and provide guidance for development of monitoring tools, that are simple and adequate
40% Project Monitoring and Learning
- Develop and/or maintain project monitoring systems and processes that tracks performance against project objectives and targets
- Ensure appropriate project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems are in place and functioning at all levels to meet the project output and outcome monitoring requirements
- Ensure information gathered through monitoring activities especially the monthly tracking tool is shared timely;
- Provide guidance and coordinate the process of developing quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports;
- Ensure that quality reports are produced and submitted as per the agreed donor standards and deadlines;
- Provide technical support to project teams in data collection, processing, analysis and interpretation across the project scope
- Ensure best practices, success stories and/or lessons learnt are documented and disseminated within World Vision Rwanda and its partners;
- Provide ongoing oversight and technical assistance to implementing partners in designing and implementing of planned project activities;
20% Project Evaluation and Reporting
- Provide overall technical guidance for quality project baselines, evaluations, researches, and special studies;
- Ensure assessment, research and/or evaluation findings are actively communicated to key project staff and partners ;
- Promote impact reporting by supporting quality documentation of significant change and impact stories as well as innovations, and ensuring these are shared to relevant staff and partners.
- Establish and manage the project database (relevant project data, impact and success stories)
10% Project Risk Management
- Assess risks related to the project, maintain an updated risk register, monitor risks and ensure they are properly managed.
- Work closely with the risk management Officer to ensure that quarterly monitoring reports on implementation of mitigation actions on operational risk are integrated in the NO risk report.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development work, preferably working in a large organization.
- Should have extensive experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation. Experience in livelihoods graduation approach is essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field.
- Master’s degree in Project Management is desirable.
- Computer literacy (at least good command of word and excel)
- Knowledge of statistical and data management software (E,g. STATA, SPSS, ODK, KOBO and CSpro)
- Knowledge of M&E frameworks
- Good understanding of the project life cycle
- Excellent understanding of best practice in community economic empowerment
- Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools, and budgets.
- Business-oriented mindset
N.B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th October, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE