Construction Materials Planning Engineer at Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
- Company: Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Rwanda
The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform the public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the position of Construction Materials Planning Engineer/EARP.
Key Roles/Responsibilities and qualifications required
- Determine regularly the needs in electrical material and prepare their acquisition plan;
- Work together with planning department and Procurement unit to determine necessary technical specifications for tendering process;
- Assist in bids analysis and evaluation for cost selection of effective electrical systems and equipment;
- Collaborates with procurement unit in the selection, qualification, and development of suppliers;
- Monitor execution of contracts in collaboration with procurement units for proper supply of electrical Energy systems and materials;
- Elaborate the procurement Plan of Energy/Electricity development for EARP Program in collaboration with all units and make follow-up of its execution;
- Accountable for supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery, and reliability expectations in relation to the technical requirements;
- Work together with Planning department in approval of drawings and data sheets of equipment before manufacturing and follow up manufacturing process;
Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and EARP;
- Undertake close follow up to ensure that all materials and equipment are supplied, in accordance with approved drawings and specifications and international technical standards;
- Providing technical advice about the suitability of supplied materials;
- Develop material analyses to include failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and requirement specifications;
- Develop material lists in spreadsheets to support engineering, procurement and construction projects;
- Preparation of quarterly and monthly reports of requested materials and their delivery on site;
- Preparation of reports of materials returned in the store for further customization.
- Good communication skills for presenting technical data, both in writing and orally,
- The ability to work as part of a team and to take individual responsibility and make decisions,
- Commercial awareness,
- Ability to apply engineering and scientific reasoning to industrial situations,
- Be familiar with electrical drawing system and design and construction standards as well as applicable industry codes and practices
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability,
- Excellent knowledge of materials technology specifically for electrical and electro-mechanical materials,
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related quantitative field.
Minimum Experience required
- At least 1 and a half years’ experience working as a Construction Materials Planning Engineer in charge of construction materials planning, procurement, engineering or supplier industrialization engineering is an advantage to be a good competent of this job.
- Experience in Energy Sector company would constitute an added advantage.
- Should ideally be fluent in English and French with a good command of one of the two languages.
The Construction Materials Planning Engineer will report to the Director of General Services.
The Successful candidate will sign a two-year Contract with EDCL Managing Director renewable based on semi-annual performance appraisal in the first year and there after once a year.
Method of ApplicationDuly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted by email to [email protected] not later than 02/03/2021 latest 05:00 P.M.
- Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
3.ONLY online applications will be received on the mentioned above email. No hardcopy applications will be received.
4.REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates