Conservation Technology Assistant Manager at Nyungwe National Park
- Company: Nyungwe National Park
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Rwanda
NYUNGWE NATIONAL PARK VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Nyungwe Management Company (NMC) is seeking a suitable candidate for the positions of Conservation Technology Assistant Manager at Nyungwe National Park. The candidate must be technically skilled with good problem-solving ability. The duties of an Assistant Conservation Technology Manager include being a reference point for all technology related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
s/he is expected to display good interpersonal skills, as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems and implement solutions to them.
Duties and Responsibilities of Conservation Technology Assistant Manager
- Daily onsite management of the application of technology with key focus on Law Enforcement and conservation activities.
- Programming of Conservation Applications, working with Law Enforcement to upgrade computer skills and data analyzing ability.
- Up keeping of LoRa and radio systems and working towards a fully integrated conservation technology solution for the park.
- VHF network management, including repeaters, Motorola, TRBO
- Earth Ranger management and integration
- Anti-virus and Windows update management
- VLAN, Unifi, Mikrotik management
- Implement Cyber tracker throughout the park and compile accurate portrayal of the information collected
- Ensure technology applications are functional at all times
- Upskill affiliated staff in entering data and analyzing data through ArcGIS and other software.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Ensuring data storage is safe and secure.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware and other technologies.
Suitable candidates for position of Conservation Technology Assistant Manager must meet the following criteria:
- A Degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, conservation Technology or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in conservation and technology industry
- Knowledge of office 365 is a must
- Email setups – knowing the difference between Pop3 and Exchange
- Server background
- Fluent in English and/or French/Kinyarwanda
- Not afraid of heights and willing to climb towers
- Analytical mindset and strong ability to prioritize
- Prepared to live onsite
- Between 20 and 40 years of age.
- Ability to transfer knowledge efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Attention to details is a must
- Driver’s license (Category B)
- Coming from Communities around Nyungwe National Park
NB: Applications that are not meeting the above criteria will not be considered.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their application letter together with all relevant documents to the email address provided below no later than 16th February 2022. The required documents should be submitted in scanned soft copies in pdf format (preferably as one document) on nmc[email protected] . The successful candidate will begin with an immediate effect.
Applications must include the following documents:
- Application cover letter addressed to the Park Manager
- Stating where you heard about the position and why you should be considered
- Curriculum vitae including your personal details, education level and any experience
- Name, address and telephone numbers of three (3) references
- All the documents should be in one pdf document and named after your name and position, for example: Name, NMC CTA, 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Done in Nyungwe National Park on 3rd February 2023
Nyungwe Management Company
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Rwanda. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE