Communication Officer at Caritas Rwanda
- Company: Caritas Rwanda
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Caritas RWANDA is a non-profit organization, legally recognized since 1962, mandated by the Catholic Church in Rwanda to assist people in needs and foster for their integral human development throughout Health, Social Welfare, and development interventions. Caritas Rwanda is an equal opportunity organization, without any discrimination, and its recruitment strategy focus on people’s merits. Caritas RWANDA is looking for a potential qualified, dedicated, and experienced national candidate to fill up the following position:
Position Title:Communication Officer
Duration: One-year renewable basing on performance
Report to: Caritas Rwanda Secretary General
# of positions: 1
Job location: Caritas Rwanda head quarter with frequent fieldwork
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To upgrade/design Caritas Rwanda communication strategy and ensure its implementation at all levels;
- To ensure the effective communication of Caritas Rwanda work to all concerned partners using its website, newspapers, radio, television, and other different social media, in line with Caritas Rwanda communication strategy;
- To effectively collaborate with Caritas departments, projects or programs at all levels and Catholic Church Leaders to ensure the effective documentation and communication of Caritas interventions in all areas of interest;
- To organize field visits for the collection of information related to Caritas interventions;
- To ensure the regular update of Caritas Africa and CI on the work of Caritas Rwanda through the existing and new communication channels (e.g. magazine, Caritas baobab, etc);
- To ensure the regular update of the information posted to Caritas Rwanda website;
- To produce and publish documentary related to Caritas Rwanda work;
- To prepare and submit quarterly and annual plans and reports to Caritas Rwanda Secretary General;
- To ensure that Caritas Contact magazine is up to date and available for guidance and reference at all levels;
- To prepare and publish as appropriate as required by Caritas Rwanda communication strategy the articles on official meetings by Caritas Rwanda or its partners;
- To produce the annual calendar of Caritas Rwanda;
- To perform any other task as required by the organizational leadership.
The candidate is required to have:
- A university degree in communication and journalism with at least 5 years of experience from either public or Catholic related media;
- An excellent written and spoken Kinyarwanda, English, and French;
- Good comment of Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point, Ms publisher, etc;
- Experience in editing software, photo, and videos shooting;
- The character of a good organizer and capable to carry out his/her own initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with the communities and vulnerable people;
- Practical approach/strategy to collect information at the community level;
- An excellent capacity to analyze, treat data, and share information;
- An appropriate strategy to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are required to submit the following documents in a single file attachment to the following email: [email protected] (indicate in the subject: application for Communication Officer ):
- The motivation letter addressed to Father Secretary General of Caritas Rwanda (maximum 1page);
- The curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), with the list of 3 professional referees;
- The copies of degrees and/or other relevant certificates.
Please add this statement in your motivation letter “By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that Caritas Rwanda requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Furthermore, I understand that passing exams doesn’t guarantee the employment. The decision will be dependent of the results from my referees’ vetting in regards to my behavior on safeguarding and code of conduct”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written exam and interview.
Deadline for application is January 27, 2022 at 5:00 PM. Late submissions will be rejected!
Done at Kigali, January 14th, 2022.
Father TWAGIRAYEZU Jean Marie Vianney