Commodity Security Advisor at Chemonics International Inc
- Company: Chemonics International Inc
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Rwanda
Scope of Work
Commodity Security Advisor
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management
The Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. There are four main task orders for the project: HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Population and Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health.
The Commodity Security Advisor is responsible for providing technical support to the Ministry of Health (MOH), to the Coordinated Procurement & Distribution System (CPDS) and other counterparts in the management of USAID-funded pharmaceutical and health commodities in Rwanda, related to HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning and Maternal & Child Health commodities. He/She will be the focal point for laboratory activities such as quantification/forecasting, supply plan development, procurement and distribution and any other related activities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact within GHSC-PSM for laboratory commodities management: Quantification, forecasting, reporting and overall planning of Laboratory commodities activities. Maintain a list of labs contacts at each lab, communicating changes to the master list
- Coordinate and provide technical support to MOH/CPDS to produce national quantification and forecasting of pharmaceutical and health commodities supplies, the development of supply plans.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to MOH/CPDS to regularly analyze and monitor the stock status for HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning and Maternal & Child Health commodities to inform decision.
- Provide technical assistance to MOH/CPDS to monitor the implementation of the supply plans and pipelines for HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning and Maternal & Child Health commodities to inform decision.
- Travel to lab sites to provide supportive supervision and on‐the‐job training, in collaboration with Ministry of Health (MOH) staff, and National reference Laboratory to strengthen the Laboratory commodities supply chain management.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation as well as supervisory visits and monitoring activities in support to changes in new treatment guidelines for HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other programs commodities.
- Participate in the evaluation of the electronic Logistic Management System as well as in supervisory visits and monitoring activities to the districts in support of any logistical requirements for MOH programs.
- In collaboration with other technical staff, conduct targeted supervision aiming to improve the availability of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning and Maternal & Child Health commodities through the implementation of a Quality Management Improvement approach (QMIA) at all levels of the supply chain in Rwanda.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of technical assistance to MOH, participating in the process of development of the annual work plan and planning with key partners to implement GHSC-PSM Rwanda activities.
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual activity reports, and other related communications.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by Supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory sciences or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in supply chain management of Laboratory Commodities.
- Must have adequate practical knowledge in all laboratory equipment and reagents
- Significant knowledge and extensive experience in clinical laboratory work including laboratory commodities supply chain management in Rwanda.
- Demonstrated ability of working in the public health supply chain environment
- Ability to use Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a requirement.
- Ability to use tools for quantification and supply planning.
- Training, presentation and writing skills are required.
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable and ability to learn and be mentored.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Written and spoken English fluency required
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, with intermittent local travel as required.
The Commodity Security Advisor will report to the Senior Commodity Security Advisor.
Method of Application
Application should include an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (4 pages maximum), copy of academic qualifications, three professional references, telephone contact and email address, NOT later than December 16, 2022 at 17:30.
Please apply to:
The Country Director, GHSC-PSM Project in Rwanda through email [email protected] and mention “The Commodity Security Advisor Application” as subject of your email. Only complete applications will be vetted, and short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted in relation to the subject.
Done at Kigali on December 06, 2022
Country Director, GHSC-PSM Project in Rwanda