Coffee Specialist at National Agricultural Export Development Board (NAEB)
- Company: National Agricultural Export Development Board (NAEB)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
Republic of Rwanda
NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL EXPORT DEVELOPMENT BOARD
NAEB VACANT POSITIONS FOR RECRUITMENT
The National Agricultural Export Development Board (NAEB) would like to recruit self-motivated and qualified candidates to fill the following position under PSAC Project.
Post: Coffee Specialist (1)
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (agronomy, crop science, agriculture, agribusiness, rural development, project management with agriculture background;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar job preferably in the management of Agribusiness related value chains or businesses preferably in coffee sector; agribusiness research, value chain development and agribusiness-oriented approach for economic development;
- Master’s degree in the relevant field (agronomy, crop science, agriculture, agribusiness, rural development, project management with agriculture background;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar job preferably in the management of Agribusiness related value chains or businesses preferably in coffee sector; agribusiness research, value chain development and agribusiness-oriented approach for economic development;
- An understanding and experience in the use and dissemination of productivity enhancing technologies in agriculture value chains
- Familiarity with the coffee production and trade policies, programmes and systems is desirable.
Under direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Coffee Specialist will perform the specific duties which are as follows:
He/she will have the responsibility of coordinating all activities related to the Coffee VC and provide technical and institutional support to its implementation as follows:
- Guide and participate in the preparation of the coffee interventions Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB);
- Provide technical support to project partners in coffee development, market analysis and capacity building to establish strong organisational structures and effective marketing systems;
- Ensure project targeting strategy is properly implemented in Coffee VC interventions.
- Provide support to coffee cooperatives and groups with regard to market orientation;
- Support establishment and functioning of public private producer partnerships (4 Ps);
- Ensure timely availability of quality and affordable inputs (seedling, fertilizer etc.) to farmers;
- Documenting success stories, best practices, innovative models emerging out of coffee value chain interventions and disseminating them at various forums as relevant.
- Facilitate development of innovations to transform smallholder production and marketing into sustainable and resilient profitable enterprises;
- Facilitate empowerment of key actors in the coffee value chain to operate efficiently and profitably;
- Facilitate systems for the generation and dissemination of market information;
- Facilitate the establishment and strengthening of producer and trade associations to increase their bargaining power in the input-output market continuum;
- Facilitate the establishment and functioning of coffee Coordination Platforms;
- Facilitate the provision of financial services, input supply and other business services to coffee actors;
- Participate in developing and operating the Project M&E activities and the project learning system (PLS).
- Prepare regular progress reports, and other reports as required
- Capacity in conducting value chain assessments and determining appropriate interventions to enhance agricultural productivity and market access for farmers;
- Demonstrated skills in productivity enhancement, post-harvest management, value addition, grading and quality standards;
- Demonstrated ability to work with different public and private stakeholders and coordinate the work of different partners;
- Strong coordination, networking and relationship building skills;
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and negotiation skills;
- Organized, punctual and attention to detail oriented;
- A team player and have ability to work in team setting, taking initiatives and performing multiple tasks;
- Organized, punctual and detail oriented;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Able to travel to project sites.
Method of Application
The Job Title should be the subject of the email. The motivation letter of interested candidates accompanied by detailed CV with at least three referees, Photocopy of degree, certificates of related job requirements and national identity card should be submitted to NAEB E-mail: [email protected] and copy to [email protected] not later than Friday 27th October 2023 at 3:00 PM. Late applications will not be considered.
Chief Finance Officer