Coffee Pest And Disease Control Specialist at National Agricultural Export Development Board (NAEB)
- Company: National Agricultural Export Development Board (NAEB)
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Rwanda
Republic of Rwanda
NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL EXPORT DEVELOPMENT BOARD
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISMENT
NAEB VACANT POSITION FOR RECRUITMENT
The National Agriculture Export Development Board (NAEB) would like to recruit self-motivated and qualified employee to fill the following positions.
Post: Coffee Pest and Disease Control Specialist
- Bachelors’ degree in plant protection (Pathology, Entomology, pesticide Management) or in Agricultural related sciences with minimum working experience of five (5) years in plant protection.
- Master’s degree in plant protection (Pathology, Entomology, pesticide Management) or in Agricultural related sciences with minimum working experience of three (3) years in plant protection.
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager Traditional Commodities, the Coffee Pest and Disease Control Specialist will perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Identifying pests and diseases and propose best practices for the efficient control of coffee pests and diseases especially with IPM approach;
- Identifying and predict new strains of pests and diseases in coffee value chain and coordinate with RAB to conduct research;
- Training producers on mitigation measures to adopt on coffee pests and diseases;
- Facilitating linkages with local authorities and other relevant institutions to support coffee pest and disease management initiatives;
- Keeping an updated map of coffee pests and diseases prone areas in the country;
- Be a link between coffee producers and divisions, CEPAR, RALIS, RAB, extension services and inputs service providers;
- Developing and advisory on the strategies and policies on coffee pest and disease management;
- Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Should be creative and innovative;
- Strong coordination skills and decision maker;
- Strong in agribusiness project development;
- Should have strong analytical skills;
- Good marketing and persuasive skills;
- Strong leadership skills in a multi-sector environment;
- Interpersonal and team working skills;
- Problem solver;
- Initiatives taker;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong team builder and player;
- Fluent in English and/or French.
Method of Application
The Job Title should be the subject of the email. The motivation letter of interested candidates accompanied by detailed CV with at least three referees, Photocopy of degree, certificates of related job requirements and national identity card should be submitted to NAEB E-mail: [email protected] and copy to [email protected] not later than Friday 27th October 2023 at 3:00 PM. Late applications will not be considered.
Chief Finance Officer