Child Protection Senior Specialist at Save the Children
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Rwanda
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Rwanda
Child Protection Senior Specialist
About the Role:
The Child Protection Senior Specialist is an important member of the Program Development and Quality (PDQ) team for the Rwanda and Burundi Country Office. Under the general direction and guidance of the Head of Sector Strategies and Child Rights Governance, the Child Protection Senior Specialist will ensure that all child protection interventions are of a high technical quality and attract significant donor funding which contribute to Save the Children’s strategic objectives; that monitoring processes are in place, and that programme quality and relevance is continually assessed and solutions quickly put in place to reflect changing contexts. This specialist has an important role supporting and working with relevant Government institutions including the National Child Development Agency.
Senior Child Protection Specialist is expected to help build a high performing Child Protection team in both humanitarian and development settings, conducting training and providing technical advice and support to project staff, with frequent visits to the field to support high quality programme implementation and ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved. This position is expected to support impact and change, particularly in coordinating relationships with relevant ministries and coordination platforms. This position is responsible for identifying and pursuing, with guidance from the Country Office Senior Management Team, new/relevant CP opportunities and supporting the development of all new funding opportunities in CP. This individual will also be responsible for reviewing all CP donor and member reporting and ensuring quality of reporting.
Qualifications and experience
- A Child Protection professional with a Master’s degree in child protection, governance, law, social work or relevant field, or equivalent management experience;
- Significant professional experience of at least 7 years, including experience working at a senior management or technical level in CP for NGOs
- Excellent understanding of the CP sector, particularly issues related to child labour, violence against children, monitoring and reporting child rights
- Clear understanding of the intersection of CP with other thematic areas
- Proven representation skills.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- Experience writing donor funding proposals
- Ability to compile narrative sections and thematic budgets for proposals; ability to edit/write narrative reports, with reference to financial reporting
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda, verbal and written, required. French strongly desired.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2021.